Chapter XXI

Chapter Twenty-one - Apotheosis

"And a suicidal girl."

⇝߷⇜

Eliza had helped Theo into the operating theater, leaning him against the wall on the floor while she crouched down beside him, inspecting his wounds that had been inflicted by the Dread Doctor's after their latest run in. Tracy stood a couple of feet away from the two, glaring at the Stilinski as she continued to look Theo over in worry, a crack visible in the 'tough girl facade' she built around herself, the boy laughed softly, making Eliza look up at him like he was crazy.

"What're you laughing about?" She asked him incredulously, making him shake his head as he continued to laugh.

"There's the real Eliza." Is all he said, making the girl furrow her brows.

"What're you talking about? I've always been here." She said, making him sigh and shake his head.

"No, Issa, you've been a different person." He stated, making her grow even more confused.

"Seriously Theo, I've always been here, I didn't go any where's." Eliza restated.

Tracy scoffed from behind the girl, instantly causing the Stilinski to look back at her as the Kanima Chimera started talking. "Physically? Yes. Mentally? No." Tracy stated, making Eliza glare at her, Tracy ignored her and continued on, stalking towards the girl slowly as she did so. "You've been so cold-hearted these past few days that you don't even recognize yourself." Tracy said as she got closer to the girl, who just stood her ground.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Tracy." Eliza shook her head, making the girl scoff.

"That's what I mean! You almost killed Theo earlier, threatened to kill me and on top of almost killing Theo, you also threatened to kill him. Not to mention the fact that you almost killed him in the locker room." Tracy listed off as she got closer.

Eliza just continued to glare at the girl while Theo just watched the two, not bothering to help, not that he could anyways, seeing as he was still quiet hurt. "I almost killed you too, just like I will right now." Eliza spat as she pulled out her dagger, Theo sighed, seeing that her facade was back. Tracy noticed this and smirked at the girl.

"You won't kill me; you can't do it." Tracy taunted, making Eliza glare harder at the girl.

"You wanna bet?" Eliza questioned, raising the dagger up, she was fast, but Tracy was faster. She grabbed Eliza's arm and twisted it, causing Eliza to yell out in pain and drop the dagger, right after that, Tracy had her pinned to the wall, her hand around Eliza's throat. "Why am I always finding myself in this situation?" Eliza groaned out.

"I told you you couldn't kill me." Tracy sneered at the girl, who looks mentally and physically exhausted. She was tired of all this; she didn't realize how tired she was until just now, pinned against a wall for the millionth time since Theo came back to Beacon Hills with claws threatening to pierce through her neck, although that's already happened to her before, this time she would be paralyzed because of it.

She ran everything through her head, from the beginning of the year to just now, how she was this sweet little girl to the monster she's turned into, almost killing Theo and not caring, snapping at her brother and everyone else. She couldn't believe the person that she's become, the person who wouldn't hesitate to kill someone. Her brother was right, Theo was right, she's become cold-hearted.

Eliza finally understood why Theo allowed her to go back to Stiles, why he broke up with her; he had changed her, and not in the good way, he was protecting her from herself, and she got mad at him about it. In a sense, she had a right to be mad, seeing as Theo had killed Josh even after she told him not too, but she couldn't change it now, it had happened and there was nothing she could do about it.