Chapter XIX

Chapter Nineteen - Maid of Gévaudan

"Ahhh, trouble in paradise."

⇝߷⇜

Stiles and Hayden are now helping a very injured Liam through the school, the Beta had decided to go up against the Beast by himself, resulting in his stomach to get slashed up really badly. "Come on! Come on!" Stiles said as him and Hayden still had a tight grip on Liam, they rushed into the biology classroom, Stiles let go of Liam to rush forward.

"The desk! The desk!" Stiles said as he shoved everything off of the desk, Hayden and Stiles helped Liam up onto it.

"Okay, okay." Stiles said.

"Liam..." Hayden trailed off as she looked at the young Werewolf.

"I'm okay. I'm fine." Liam groaned as the other two started pulling away Liam's jersey where the Beast had clawed his stomach. Hayden had to cover her mouth to hide the shock and concern, whereas Stiles looked like he was going to faint.

Liam, seeing this, tries to sit up to see it himself, but he falls back down. "What? Is it bad?" He questioned, making the other two answer at the same time.

"No!" Hayden said.

"Very!" Stiles said at the same time. Hayden shots Stiles a glare.

"Okay. Okay. What do you guys usually do when this happens?" Hayden asked.

"Oh, I usually pass out... And I think I still might do that..." Stiles answered as he looked down at Liam's stomach again, and he starts to lose his balance.

Hayden looks up at the boy and notices this. "Stiles!" She exclaimed, making Stiles regain his balance before he sighs.

"Okay, okay. Okay. Scott did this with pain. He could trigger it. Uh... Pain makes you human." Stiles explained.

"He's already in pain!" Hayden stated, making Stiles nod.

"Right! Okay. But maybe adding a little more could help take away the pain?" Stiles said, but he doesn't really believe that.

"Take away his pain..." Hayden muttered before leaning down and kissing Liam, black veins trailed from Liam's face to Hayden's. A couple minutes later and Hayden pulled away from Liam.

"Okay. Next time, I'll kiss him." Stiles said, making Hayden chuckle.

🐺🌑

Lydia is with Gerard and Argent in the armory of Argent's apartment when Lydia hears a loud bang followed by the Beast roaring, which causes her to get woozy and nearly collapse, but Argent manages to catch her before she does. "Lydia?" He asked.

"Something's happening." She told them.

"Now?" Argent asked, making her shake her head.

"I don't know... But something's wrong. I can't stay here." She said as she went to leave, but Gerard speaking up stops her from moving.

"You should hear the rest of the story." He spoke up, making the Banshee scoff.

"Why should I be listening to you?" She asked him, Argent gives her a stern look.

"He knows it better than any of us." He told her, making her roll her eyes and sighs.

"Everything I've read says that the Beast was killed by Jean Chastel." Lydia told them.

Gerard scoffs. "Who told you that? The internet? If that's your most reliable source of information, then you might as well go." Gerard waved her off, but Lydia stays in place, she knows he's just manipulating her, but it seems as though she really doesn't have a choice, so she sighs in annoyance.