Chapter XXII

Chapter Twenty-two - Memory Lost

"No, you don't Stiles!"

⇝߷⇜

"Eliza." Stiles shook his sister's shoulder, causing her to groan.

"Go away, Stiles." Eliza said, but her voice was muffled due to her face being buried in her pillow.

"C'mon, we're going to the impound lot." Stiles told her, but she didn't move.

"Go away." She repeated, making him sigh.

"Alright, are you going to be like this for the rest of your life now?" Stiles questioned, making Eliza turn to look at him with furrowed brows.

"Like what?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"You've been completely off since Theo got dragged to hell." Stiles said softly.

"I have not been acting off." Eliza scoffed, making Stiles rub his face in frustration.

"Yes, you have. First it starts with cutting your hair -- which you swore you were never going to cut -- then the earring, but now that I think about it, that doesn't have any significance. Not the point, then you dye your hair." Stiles said, making Eliza raise a brow at him.

"Okay? That's it? It's just a couple of changes in appearance, nothing drastic." Eliza told him.

"That's not all though." Stiles said before grabbing her arm, holding it up, she looked down at it, not understanding what was wrong about it.

"What's wrong with my arm?" Eliza questioned her brother, making him wave it around.

"You're wearing long sleeves and jackets all the time, that's not like you. You like short sleeves and tank tops, and depending on the outfit, you wear a jacket, but that's only like once or twice every three months, now you wear them constantly." Stiles explained, Eliza snatched her arm back from her brother and crossed her arms as she laid on her back.

"That doesn't mean anything, people's style changes." She muttered.

"But not yours, you've had the same style since you were six." Stiles told her, making her roll her eyes.

"Okay? I'm sixteen, my style is going to change." She said, making Stiles nod.

"Okay, but I know you're hiding something, I can tell, but you don't have to tell me, not if you're not ready." Stiles told her softly. "Now, go to bed, we've got school tomorrow." Stiles patted her shoulder, but she furrowed her brows.

"I thought you were going to the impound lot?" She asked.

"Oh, I am. You can stay here and sleep so you're ready for school tomorrow." Stiles said.

"Okay, love you, Stiles." Eliza called out as he walked to her door.

"Love you too, Elli." Stiles said back before shutting off her light and closing the door. Eliza sat in the darkness for a few minutes, rethinking everything that's happened in the past three months, she felt tears rolling down her face, but she didn't care, she fell asleep crying and thinking about life and how it became so fucked up.

🐺👻

Eliza sat on a table, Lydia and Scott sitting on the bench as they did work. Eliza was watching in amusement as her brother kept getting in Malia's yearbook pictures, trying to talk to her, after doing that a good couple of times before Malia finally gets fed up and stands up from the stool, pushing Stiles over to the others as he looks offended. "You ruined it!" Malia exclaimed as her and Stiles walked up to them.