JEDI'S BET

CORUSCANT
3POV

Far away for Tatooine on the capital of the republic, a dark figure overlooked the city as he spoke with his apprentice through a hologram .

DARTH MAUL : Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the trace was correct, I
will find them quickly, Master.

The Sith apprentice turns to his master

DARTH SIDIUS: Move against the Jedi first, you will then have no difficulty taking the Queen back to Naboo, where she will sign the treaty.

DARTH MAUL : At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.

DARTH SIDIOUS : You have been well trained, my young apprentice, they will be no match for you. It is too late for them to stop us now. Everything is
going as planned. The Republic will soon be in my command.

The hologram fades off as the as the Sith looks out over the

INT. ANAKIN'S HOVEL - MAIN ROOM
Y/N POV

We were all a seated around a makeshift table, having dinner as the wind howls outside.
Jar-Jar slurps his soup rather loudly. I am losing my mind with this guy; we should have left him in the ship. I was about to scold him when Abnaki's mom talked.

SHMI : All slaves have transmitters placed inside their bodies somewhere.

ANAKIN : I've been working on a scanner to try and locate them, but no luck.

SHMI : Any attempt to escape.

ANAKIN : ...and they blow you up...poof!

I could see the horror on the face of Padme and Jar-Jar, it was a common reaction not everybody knows the injustice that some people have to endure.

JAR JAR : How wude.

PADME : I can't believe there is still slavery in the galaxy. The Republic's anti-slavery laws...

SHMI : The Republic doesn't exist out here...we must survive on our own.

Padem looks down to the floor ashamed and horrified by this.

Y/N: Hey, it's not your fault you didn't know.

Padme looked even sadder and frustrated

PADME: I know but it is horrible that the republic doesn't help the ones who need it the most.

I hold her hand and smile at her.

Y/N: We will do something I promise but know we can't help someone if we can't help ourselves.

As we continue eating Anakin speaks with enthusiasm,

ANAKIN : Have you ever seen a Podrace?

I am surprised by his tone, this kid is the embodiment of energy

I look at Padme, she shakes her head no. I can't help to notice notices the concern of Shimi.

Y/N : I have heard of them, but no I havent seen one of those.

QUI-GON : They have Podracing on Malastare. Very fast, very dangerous.

ANAKIN : I'm the only human who can do it.

Shimi looks askance at her son.

ANAKIN : Mom, what? I'm not bragging. It's true. Watto says he's never heard of a human doing it.

QUI-GON : You must have Jedi reflexes if you race Pods.

So, our theory was true, he is strong in the force, I mediated to myself while looking at the boy. While I was thinking on this, Jar-Jar attempts to snare a bit of food from the bowl with his tongue, but Qui-Gon, in a flash, grabs it between his thumb and
forefinger.