Medicinal My Ass

Riley POV

"I still can't stop laughing at the face our DS made when he found your tampons," Grant said as we walked to class.

I fumed and shoved him, "Thery're not mine, obviously."

"Yeah, then why do you have them on you?" Grant asked in a mocking tone.

"I already told you! I was curious and I wanted to do my science experiment on them."

Grant laughed and shook his head, "Our teacher would flip his shit if you brought in a tampon diorama or something."

"Whatever, I guess you don't think it's a good science project experiment." I paused for a second and was about to speak when Grant cut me off.

"So where were you last night? You said you'd tell me later."

"Oh, that. Well you know my old friend Stacy Lovelace? Well, she kind of had a meltdown because--"

"Rob, my man!" I raised my eyebrows as Josh came over to where Grant and I were. Oh, great. Just in time.

"Josh," I said in a tense voice. "So I talked to Stacy yesterday. And she told me something about you that bothered me."

Josh's eyes flashed between Grant and I before nodding. "Oh yeah?"

"Didn't I fucking tell you to stay away from Stacy unless you wanted something serious?" I was furious, and I think Grant was sensing my mood and pulled me back.

"Come on, man. Let's go."

"Stacy's a mess because of your dumb ass. So fix it or I'll punch your face in." Josh raised an eyebrow and stared at me blankly.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about you taking Stacy's virginity and then throwing her away like yesterday's trash."

Josh seemed stunned for a second before replying back in a cocky tone. "Like it's any different than what you do."

Well, what Rob does, I thought mentally. "At least the girls I get with know what they're getting. Instead, you played Stacy."

"I-I didn't. It's just too serious, okay? I don't do relationships."

"Then go find yourself another slut and leave Stacy be. Any guy would be lucky to have her."

"What--you talking about yourself?" I could practically feel the waves of jealousy radiating off him and decided to mess with him.

"Sure, why not? Who knows, maybe I'll be her date to her school's Turnabout." I watched as Josh's jaw clenched at my words. The only reason I brought up Turnabout was because Stacy told me she had asked him to our school's annual dance.

After sending one more glare Josh's way, I turned and walked away with Grant.

We stood around in the gymnasium waiting for the teacher, but the man that emerged from the office was not Mr. Sheffield. "Hey guys, I'm Coach Drake."

"I'll be subbing for Sheffield. So go get dressed and meet me back at the pool." 

POOL?! 

Oh shit. I can't swim! I'll expose myself...quick! Think of something.

"Coach, Rob can't get in the water." Grant said and I let out a huge breath of air. 

Coach Drake walked towards us and raised an eyebrow at me. "And why not?"

Yeah, why not? Think, Riley, think!

"Erm um ahh..." Grant gave me a funny look before turning to his swim coach and shrugging. "He's allergic to water."

My eyes widened at his ludicrous statement until I realized what he meant. I bit down on my lip to keep from laughing as I remembered the first day I met Grant and I told him I was allergic to water. Oh how my stupidity has backfired.

"Well, alright. You can sit out, Rob. The rest of you, go get dressed!" The boys walked into the locker rooms and I sighed in relief at being saved. For now, at least.

"Say, so how do you shower?" I felt my palms grow clammy as I thought of what to say.

"Well you see...I get huge, scary hives that ooze blood. It's quite disturbing. And painful." Coach Drake made a face and nodded. "Ah. Right. Well anyway, head on over to the pool and keep an eye on those boys will you?"

I nodded and turned to walk out of the gymnasium. Seriously, one of these days, my big mouth is gonna get me in trouble.

* * * 

Where the hell is he?! My eyes widened as the immature boys dunked each other and fought in the water like a bunch of water buffaloes. 

Wait--did water buffaloes fight? Focus, Riley! 

Shooting once more panicked look at the showdown in the pool, I turned and ran back into the gymnasium. "Coach Drake?" 

I frowned as my footsteps echoed in the dark, silent gym. "Coach?" I asked again as I approached the office. 

The sight before me had me widening my eyes. Coach Drake sat lounging on a swivel chair clutching a glass bong filled with smoke and laughing his ass off for no reason. 

Oh, my God.

Grant has to see this, I thought as I pulled out my Rob phone and snapped a picture. I turned to leave, but because I'm stupid and the most unlucky person on the planet, I tripped and fell on my ass.

Coach Drake looked up at me with bloodshot eyes and burst out laughing. "Dude...you fell." 

I gave a nervous laugh at his silly expression and quickly rose to my feet. "I'll be going now." 

"Sure you don't want a hit before you go? It's an effective painkiller. This is medicinal, you know." My eyes widened at Coach Drake's extended hand and I shook my head. 

"Nope, I'm good." Yeah, sure. Medicinal my ass.

He shrugged and laughed, "Shut the door on your way out."

Holy fuck. Did that really just happen? 

Just as I was walking back to the pool area, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and read the message from Chris, the Captain of the JV swim team.

Hey, come 2 school ig2 talk 2 u. Team needs u.

A/N: Now that Riley has evidence against Grant's Coach, what will she do with it? And what will it mean for the rest of the Varsity swim team? And what does Christ need to tell Riley?! :O