To Kicking Ass

A/N: Dedicated to princessawesomelyc for commenting on Kyle's last chapter. Thanks for the ongoing support, you rock!

Riley POV

After my long talk with Stacy, I picked up my things and left her room. Her house was eerily quiet and I tried not to make a lot of noise as I walked down the stairs. "Hey."

I let out a sigh and turned around to look at Zach. "Um hi."

"Are you alright now? After talking to Stacy, I mean." I shuffled my feet and nodded, avoiding his gaze.

"Yes, I feel fine. Listen Zach, about earlier--"

"Shh." I swallowed nervously as Zach stepped closer and wrapped his arms around me. "It's okay Riley. I knew you were hurt and I still took advantage of it."

I shook my head and gently pushed him away. "Zach. Thank you."

He stared down at me and nodded. "You're okay, Ry."

"I know."

* * *

Jackson Public High School - First Meet of the season

This is not good, I thought to myself as I paced back and forth. "No, I can swim. it's fine. I'm fine, really."

"Seth, I'm not letting you swim. Someone'll have to replace you."

"And where are you going to find someone to replace a relay in five minutes?" I ignored Grant and focused on Seth.

"How exactly did this happen?" I asked in a suspicious tone.

"During the last heat, I felt a sharp pain in my thigh. I think I pulled a muscle."

"Yeah, I think you did too." I stoof from the bleacher and looked down at my clipboard. Who's good enough to fill in for Seth?

"Hey coach, I heard you need a replacement." I looked up and met Josh's cocky gaze. "Josh, we discussed this--"

"Look, I'm warmed up and ready to swim. Just let me do the relay."

I looked down at my watch and realized we only had three minutes. "Last call for the FourX50 Medley Relay. All swimmers report to your lanes." I groaned as I heard the announcement and bent down to pick up a swim cap, throwing it at Josh's chest. "Get to your lane."

He smiled and saluted me before running off with Grant, James, and Dustin to their lane.  "They better not fuck up," I said to no one in particular. Seth heard me, though, because he patted the space on the bench next to him and offered me a smile.

"Don't worry. They won't. How could they? When Riley Cooper is our coach."

* * *

"A toast, to kicking some Jackson High ass!" 

"To kicking ass!" they all cheered as we held up our glasses. I sat at the head of the table and smiled at every one around the table. 

"I'd like to propose a toast," Seth said as he stood. "To the best coach in the world. To Coach Cooper."

"To Coach Cooper!" I laughed and covered my blush with my hand. "Alright shut up and eat. Enjoy tonight, boys. Because tomorrow morning, you're back on your diet."