Be OK

Kyle POV

Entering the quiet dinning room, I made my way towards the table. Sitting down without a word, I dug into the food without really tasting it. 

Things have been...stressed for the last few days. Riley's been refusing to come out of her room for anything. She was starting to really worry me.

"Alright, that's it." I looked up from my plate to see my mom stand up, "I'm going up there and making her come out." Following behind her, I took hold of her arm and stopped her. "Mom, just...get off her case, ok? You're been really intense lately."

Her eyes widened angrily and she yanked her arm back. Pushing past me, she knocked on the door and practically shouted, "Riley! Open the door this instant!"

"Riley!" Running a hand through my hair in frustration, probably messing it up more than it already was, I gently pulled my mom away from the door. "Mom, I'll talk to her. Just...please. Don't make it worse."

She stared at me in disbelief and opened her mouth to speak but a voice behind me interrupted. "Come on Kristen. You heard our son. Let him take care of his sister."

Tears suddenly filled her eyes. "Make her eat something, Kyle. I'll bring a tray up." Nodding, I waited until the couple had gone down the stairs before knocking.

"Ry? Open the door. Mom and Dad are gone; they've gone downstairs."

No answer.

"Riley, come on. Let me in."

Still, nothing.

"Riley, I'm gonna kick the door down," I warned but my teasing was received by silence.

Now I was officially worried.

Taking a step back, I kicked the door again and again until it fell off its hinges. By then, the noise had attracted the attention of my parents.

I stepped inside Riley's room and let out a terrified gasp. Oh, no.

Riley, what have you done?

"K-Kyle. Call 911," my dad said in a low urgent tone.

That snapped me out of my trance. 

I walked out to call for an ambulance but turned back just in time to see my mom freeze on the threshold of the room.

I stood numbly as I heard the tray slip from my mother's hands to crash onto the floor. "Riley!" My mother's petrified shriek sounded and she roughly pushed me aside to reach Riley. 

"Riley...I'm so sorry." I watched my mom sob as she fell to her knees at the foot of the bed, clutching the limp hand of my twin sister.

Grant POV

Throwing the strap of my duffel bag on over my shoulder, I made my way towards the bus where all the guys were. 

Odd. I've been waiting for today for weeks. I figured I'd be more excited. 

"Ready to go?" the new coach, Mr. Hernandez, asked. 

His eyes took in the low faces of my teammates and awkwardly turned away to speak to the bus driver. "Ok, we're good to go." 

Driving in silence to Malibu Creek High for our State Confrence meet, I couldn't help but wonder if she'd be there.

it seemed likely since State was being hosted at Malibu Creek and our schools were cross-town rivals. But perhaps the fact that I'd be there would keep her away.

I wasn't sure if I was upset or relieved that she probably won't come. 

* * *

Once we arrived, we were lead to the locker rooms and pool area. After setting out stuff down, we huddled together and did some group stretches, one of the many traditions Riley had started among our team. 

Suddenly, Josh sprang up and ran in the direction of the bleachers with Seth right behind him. "Hey guys," Josh greeted shyly and the tone made my eyebrows shoot up.

Since when is Josh shy?

And then I got my answer. Stacy Lovelace frowned up at him and looked away to speak to her friend but found that Anna was already speaking animatedly to Seth. 

With a pout, Stacy turned and strutted away to sit down to another girl. Abby, I think her name is.

Where is Riley?

Turning back to my team, I continued stretching as we waited for the meet to start. 

* * *

Five minutes. 

Just five minutes before the first heat began.

My relay team consisted of Seth, Josh, and James. We all stood nervously at the edge of the pool next to the boards.

Two minutes. Okay, I can do this.

Time to get serious and ignore all thoughts of Riley that haven't left my head since I last saw her. 

It's been a week and I can't stop thinking about her. 

Shutting my eyes, I willed myself to focus. We had to win State. 

I stepped up on the board and waited. Diving into the water, I let out a whole week's worth of frustration out as I threaded through the water. Coming up, my eyes widened when Seth didn't jump in.

"What are you doing?!" They ignored me as they stared at me with a sympathetic look in their eyes. 

I knew something was wrong when I saw Anna, Abby, and Stacy standing behind them.

Righting myself, I stared at them warily. "What is it?" 

They shared a look before Abby quietly spoke. "It's Riley. S-she's in the hospital."

I didn't think. I just pushed past them to grab my bag and ran out of the indoor pool.

I had to see her. To make sure she was fine.

Fuck, Riley. Please be ok.

A/N: What could be wrong with Riley? :O 
I'm taking a practice ACT on Tuesday, the night I usually update, so expect one on Monday instead (maybe, probably ;P). I tried to do it in Kyle and Grant's POV, hopefully it lived up to expectations! 
Comment and vote if you this update!