Avalanche

A/N: Dedicated to LucyKathleenSmith for leaving such a nice comment! Thanks so much!

Riley POV

Grant and I strolled dripping wet towards my car, not wanting to say goodbye. "Hey, so what was it that you wanted to tell me?"

My heart raced as I thought of how to tell him about Kyle's research experiment. I knew that honesty was still a sore subject in our relationship and I felt like I should tell Grant before he found out from someone else.

But I couldn't do it.

Not now, at least. Today has been so perfect that I couldn't bear to ruin it.

Tomorrow after practice, I decided, I would tell him the whole truth.

"I'll tell you tomorrow. It's not urgent."

"Well now you've got me all curious," he whispered huskily and leaned in to gently press a kiss to my throat, making my skin feel like it was on fire.

"You'll survive." After giving him a lingering kiss, I stepped back and got in my car to drive away.

* * *

Walking through the threshold of my house with a huge smile plastered on my face, I greeted the empty foyer with a loud, "I'm home!"

I made my way into the dinning room because that's where I thought my parents would be. And they were...along with a terrified looking Kyle and Malibu Creek High School's principal, Mrs. Shepherd.

"Would you please sit down, Riley." It wasn't a question so I quickly pulled up a chair next to my brother. "What's going on?"

"Where have you been for the last few weeks?" my palms got sweaty as my parents stared me down. "W-what do you mean?"

My dad slammed his fist on the dark mahogany dinner table and stood, throwing his chair back. "You haven't been to school for almost half a semester, Riley. And I want to know what the hell is going on."

Kyle and I shared a cautious, guarded look before turning back to look at my parents.

We are so screwed.

A/N: Okay, happy chapters over. Time to get the drama started! According to my planning, there should be only a few chapters left and I'll [maybe, probably not] finish this story before my June deadline. 
The last chapter was supposed to be the last update of the week but I couldn't resist adding some trouble to the mix to keep ya'll on your toes ;P
Kinda short, but it's somthing right? OMG what'll happen next? Find out next week! (Maybe Tuesday since it's the only day of the week that I ever have free time!)