Silent Treatment

A/N: Dedicated to booklover6283 for being awesome and leaving an encouraging comment! You rock! 

RIley POV

"He wont answer my calls." I said as I flopped down on the bean-bag chair in the corner of Delaney's room. 

Sympathetic sighs filled the room as we sat there feeling sorry for me. "Did you text him?"

"Yeah, once or twice. But I don't want to stalk the poor guy. I just wish he'd let me explain."

"Well, that's what you get for hooking up with my brother." I frowned and looked up at Stacy. She sat with her arms crossed on the bed and was avoiding my gaze. "What did you say?"

"I said that you hooked up with him fully knowing the consequences. So stop mopping. You had it coming."

"What the hell? Since when is one kiss hooking up? And I was drunk."

"People do stupid things when they're drunk. But it's on you to stop yourself from fucking up!" All four of us, Delaney, Abby, Anna and I sat stunned as we let Stacy's words sink in. 

"You speaking from experience?" I guess I hit a nerve because Stacy narrowed her eyes at me and stood before stomping out of the room. "What the hell was that?" 

I shook my head as I heard Delaney's front door slam shut. "I don't know. But something's bothering her. And she's taking it out on me."

* * * 

The rest of the weekend passes agonizingly slow as I waited for Monday to come so I could see Grant. It took all my self-control not to ambush him in our dorm and give myself away, but I couldn't do that to Kyle. 

Now I sat in Biology class, pretending to listen to the lecture on evolution, but in reality I was just drumming my fingers on the desk and starring longingly at Grant. He felt my gaze and turned. "What?" he whisper-shouted and I quickly thought of something to say. 

"How was the party?" I watched as Grant's jaw clenched and he shrugged. "Fine."

"You're a bad liar. What happened?"

Grant frowned and after flashing the teacher a look, leaned close to me. I dug my fingers under my legs on the chair to keep myself from jumping forward and touching him. It was so tempting; he was so close. "You know the girl I was into?"

"Was?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, well it turns out I'm only one guy on her list." Grant tried to come off as indifferent, but I could tell this was bothering him. And I hoped to God that it was a good sign.

"Are you sure? Did you see her with someone?"

"Sort of." At my questioning expression, Grant lowered his voice and leaned even closer. "I saw her walking down the stairs the next morning with some guy."

"Do you know him?" Grant shook his head. "No, he looked older. College-aged maybe."

I nodded and tipped my head to the side. "Did you talk to her?"

"She tried to explain, but honestly, I'm not stupid. Or blind. I know what I saw."

"How do you know what you saw is not what it seemed like?" Grant gave me a skeptical look and sat back in his chair.

"I guess you've never met this girl. No guy would stop at one kiss if they spent the night with her and alcohol was mixed in."

"Don't you trust her?"

Grant snorted and avoided my gaze, "I don't know her. She's got trust issues."

"But what if she was telling you the truth and you just blew her off? That's got to burn." Grant groaned and leaned on his desk to cover his face with his hands. 

"I don't know Rob. I don't think I can talk to her, not yet." I bit down on my lip as I thought of how to reply. My body was telling me to lean forward and give him a hug, but my brain said to remain silent. He was obviously having an internal battle, and I hoped the odds were in my favor. 

This silent-treatment thing was driving me crazy. I can't stand to think that Grant would actually believe that I would have some drunk one-night stand. But I could see where he was coming from. He did find me in a compromising position. 

I decided that I would try one more time. Text him once more. And if he ignored it, then I would give up. Yes, I would still have a crush on him, but I don't think I could be with someone who thought so low of me; someone who didn't trust me. 

With that mind, I pulled out my phone from my bag later that day to text him. But when I turned it on, I saw the light flash, indicating that I had a new text message. I clicked on my messaging icon and my eyebrows rose as I read through the short message.

Oh, shit. This doesn't look good. 

A/N:

*Suspenseful music* WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE SAY?!?

Haha stick around to find out! :)