Coach From Hell

Riley POV 

The next morning I woke up at four-thirty in the morning to see that Grant was already gone.  

Perfect!  

I sprang up and ran to my dresser where I had hidden all the girly products Abby had dropped off last night.  

Time to get my girl on.  

Gosh, I miss being a girl and actually wearing eyeliner, mascara,  and gloss! I was so giddy that I even used the false lashes Abby had packed.  

After my makeup was done, I stared at my short hair. Hmm how do I style it?  

After a quick chat with Abby in which she screamed profanities at me for waking her up so "bloody early" I was given Instructions.  I was to use the flat iron she'd packed and straighten the longest layers. Then, using styling moose, I was to arrange the hair to frame my face.  

Hey, not bad. Now where's my swim suit? She did pack one, right?! I slapped my hand to my forehead in frustration at the white two piece string bikini Abby had chosen and groaned.  

I'm gonna kill her.  

Or maybe not, I thought as I looked at my chest in the triangle bikini top. I actually looked like I had boobs.  

I quickly threw on the tiny ripped jean shorts that I know belong to Abby, white flip flops, and a pink Underarmour hoodie.  Last minute,  I put on a silver whistle necklace and unzipped the hoodie to my belly-button.  

Wow, I looked kinda hot. I snapped a pic of myself posing in a mock-seductive way and sent it to Abby before leaving the dorm.  

"Good morning boys," I said in a light, playful tone as I walked past the gate towards the team.  It was almost comical how they all turned around at the same time and automatically straightened their spines as I approached.  

I felt a smirk grace my lips at their appreciative looks. Yeah, it's good to be a girl. 

I stopped when I reached them and cocked my head to the side. "Are we gonna train today or are ya'll just gonna sit there and gawk at me?"  

In a second, all of them sprang up off the lounge chairs as if it had burned them.  "Hey guys. I'm Riley Cooper. I hear you needed a coach."

I smiled warmly at all of them but my grin soon disappeared when I caught the look on Grant's face.   He came forward and after yanking my arm, he towed me away from the group. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

To cover up the sharp pain I felt pierce my chest at his words, I flashed him a confident grin. "Hey Grant. Miss me?"

He narrowed his eyes at me but I simply kept smiling. "Let's go back, yeah? Everyone's staring." Grant glanced up and confirmed, that indeed, what was left of the Lakeview varsity swim team was looking at us funny. 

"I'm a professional. You do know the meaning of that word, right? Let me do the job you recruited me for." And with that, I strutted away from him making sure to add a swing to my hips. 

"Okay," I said as I came back to the group, "you you and...you get in the pool. Give me your best lap."  At my tone, the boys practically sprinted towards the boards.  

"Take off on my mark," I said as I eyed the stopwatch. "Now!"  

My eyes followed the boys as they swam down the pool. I frowned at the times but said nothing as I wrote down the numbers.  "Next three."  

I could feel his gaze on me but I refused to look. I was in my full element. And I wasn't about to let Grant's sexy self distract me.  I blew my whistle, indicating their take off, and crossed my arms over my chest.  

These three were even worse than the first heat.  "I know what you're thinking." I raised an eyebrow and wrote down the boy's times.  

"Oh yeah?" I asked Grant in an indifferent tone.  

"You think we suck." I put my pen down and looked up to meet his gaze.  "Our best swimmers were kicked off for smoking weed. This is all we've got."  

I smiled sweetly at him and blew my whistle again. "Thanks for the Oprah-worthy moment but I've got work to do. Now get your ass in the pool."  

And so began the most vigorous eight hour training for the Lakeview Hill Varsity swim team.

 ***

I sat with my legs crossed as I observed the boys do 200 push-ups.  "Come on, guys. I promise, after this I'll give you break. You have twenty left."  

Surprisingly, even though I was being the coach from hell, they still complied without so much as a glare in my direction. "Okay, now before you all pass out on me, I'm going to be nice and call it a day."  

I heard them sigh in relief and drop down from their push-up position on the floor to rest. Some groaned in pain and I laughed. Standing up, I bent down to the loudest one and clamped my hand down on his mouth.  "No whining. You're an athlete. Act like it."  

When I saw his eyes wonder from my eyes I chuckled and rose.  "Go rest. Pop some Advil and maybe take an icebath. I'll see you guys tomorrow at five. And for the love of God, someone get this whiner something to eat," I said pointing to the guy at my feet.  

Without waiting for them to get up, I turned on my heel and was about to pass the gate when I felt an arm on my bare arm.

Opps, I forgot to pull my sweatshirt back on. In my defense, it was really hot out.  

I looked up into Grant's green eyes and raised an eyebrow when he didn't say anything. "Yeah?"  

"Oh erm thanks. For helping out, I mean," he said staring down at the concrete floors.  

"Sure." When he still didn't let go of my arm I laughed and sent him a pointed look.  "Are you planning on letting me go today?"  

He blushed and pulled back. "S-sorry."  

"It's chill. See you tomorrow."  I could feel his eyes on me the whole time as I walked away. It took all my self control not to turn around and kiss him with all I had; to convince him that Zach and I had nothing going on. 

But no. I couldn't. 

A girl's gotta have her dignity, right?

A/N: Surprise! I updated before the weekend! I've had this part writen since before I even published the first chapter, I was way too excited to post it! Vote if you want another update this weekend, and comment to leave me some feedback! :)