Into The Wild Part II

Riley POV

People often say that teen partying is like a sort of rite of passage. But it never was to me. As an athlete, I always took good care of myself by staying away from drugs or alcohol. I went to the occasional beach party or house get-together, but I never ended up with a massive hangover at the end of the night.

Oh, well, I thought to myself.  I can make up for it now.

It's been a few hours since I left the beach shore, and I've got a fairly good buzz going. It was enough to drown everything off except for obnoxious laughter and the pounding of the bass.

Currently, I was lying on top of a hard, wooden picnic table. My layers were shed off, only I wasn't cold; my skin felt flushed and hot. My shirt had been pushed up to reveal a peak of my navy-blue bra, but I wasn't sure how it happened. 

Somewhere in the distance I heard the cheers and roars of the party-goers over the sound of the music. The song was slow and soulful but still with a good beat. And in my drunken state though, I couldn't really sing along besides the Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh. (A/N: Stompa by Serena Ryder)

Someone beside me chuckled, probably at the way my words slurred together. I began to laugh but suddenly i gasped when I felt something ice cold spread over my stomach. 

I sat up and forced myself to focus on what was going on. People were standing around me on the table, and there was a tall guy smiling at me as another guy beside him poured a trail of what looked like salt on my belly. 

They both looked vaguely familiar, but my blurry vision didn't help much. I made to get up but the smirking dude pinned my shoulder down before whispering in my ear. "Relax. This will be fun."

Not knowing what to do, I allowed myself to lay back onto the cold table top. I felt someone tap my chin, and automatically I parted my lips. A bitter taste met my taste buds as a wedge of lime was stuck inside my mouth. 

It was then that my hazy mind figured out what was happening, only it was a second too late; the smirking guy had already ducked down and started licking the salt trail up my torso. 

The hollers got louder the higher he went up until he reached the edge of my bra. I kind of registered the fact that I should shove him away and climb off the table, but I felt way to tired to do it. It felt like my arms and legs were much too heavy to really process anything. 

The guy pulled back for a second to down his tequila shot. I watched as the small glass tipped back and anger flooded inside of me. Stupid Grant, stupid Mikayla. Stupid graduation party that I stupidly agreed to come to.

Before I could curse the rest of the world and it's existence, the guy slammed his shot down on the table beside my left side and smiled down at me licking his lips. He slowly inched forward towards my face. 

Or no, maybe it wasn't that slow but that's how everything felt; lethargic and heavy. My hand came up, I'm not sure to either push him away or pull him closer. But I never will find out what my tipsy mind was about to do because at that exact moment, just before the guy's teeth took hold of the lime in my mouth, he was harshly shoved back.

"Get that lime, buddy, and you're face is gonna meet my fist," a deep voice said menacingly. My head rolled off to the side after I spit the lime wedge out of my mouth. 

What I saw had me sitting up straight. 

"Dude, calm the fuck down. We're just having some fun."

"By taking advantage of a drunk girl?" he practically shouted at the smirking guy, who ironically enough, wasn't smirking now. 

"She seemed just fine with it before you came along," the not-smirking-right-now guy said before his eyes widened. Grant pulled his arm back, most likely to punch the guy, but Josh and James jumped  forward to pry him off. 

"Grant, chill out," Josh pleaded as he pulled Grant back. 

"It's not worth it, dude," James added.

"Get off," Grant roared before shaking both James and Josh off. His gaze met mine before he practically stomped forward and took hold of my forearm. 

My vision blurred even more as Grant dragged me off. My feet tripped over themselves as I tried to keep up but he was going too fast. 

My mind couldn't process what was happening. Why was I being paraded around in the woods, with none other than Grant? And why did he yell at the formerly-smirking guy? He seemed pretty nice. But maybe not because Grant was about to punch him for whatever reason. 

One of my legs gave out and I went tumbling down. Grant caught me before I face planted and groaned as I laughed so hard I could barely breath. 

"You're always doing that," I murmured once my giggles had subsided. 

"What?" I heard him ask as we kept walking, this time slower so i didn't trip again.

"Saving me from falling. Am I really that clumsy?"

I felt his gaze on my face so I turned to look at him too. It was too dark to really see anything, but I could make out a few of his features by moonlight. "Yes."

I laughed again and in a moment of distraction, my foot caught on a branch and I fell to the floor, dragging him down with me. This only made me laugh harder until tears were in my eyes and sliding down my cheeks.

One glance at Grant's surprised face on the floor with me was enough for me to completely loose it. Eventually, Grant joined in too and we both laid there laughing so hard my stomach and face were hurting.

Slowly, out laughter died out and we were left surrounded by silence. My hands were clutching my stomach and my head angled to look at him. His gaze met mine head on and he opened his mouth to say something but I didn't give him a chance to. 

I did what I've been wanting to do since I got back home: I kissed Grant Jones.

My hands flew up to cup his face as he swung me over to lay on top of him. My legs parted and straddled his thighs and I felt him sit up to grip my waist tight. My fingers traveled up to grip his hair, pulling on the strands as my head tilted and Grant parted my lips. 

Our tongues came together, and our hands clawed at our clothing, searching for skin. 

Grant broke away to kiss a trail down my jaw, and further down my neck. My hands drifted down his torso and came to a stop at his belt buckle. 

Grant's head snapped up and his hands found mine, prying them off him. "Shit," he hissed under his breath. 

I was about to giggle when I was suddenly thrown back onto the floor. "Fuck, I-we can't do this. Not like this."

I closed my eyes to try and make the spinning go away. "What?" He wasn't making any sense.

"Look, I'm sorry. i-I gotta go." I watched as Grant picked up his shirt off the floor beside mine and he turned to walk away. I stared at him until he disappeared into the night, leaving me as alone as I felt inside.

Other than the muted sounds of the pounding music, there was nothing. But in the distance, there was a ruffle of leaves, indicating that someone had seen what just happened.

A/N: Okay, I'm soooooo sorry I've been gone for so long! Life's been a little hectic, but I hope this made up for it at least a little. I'm probably gonna go back to my usual scedule of updating in the weekends, so look out for that. In the meantime, comment and let me know how this was. Who do you think was watching? it doesn't take a genius to figure out. But the question is, how will Riley pay for kissing Grant? :) Vommet!

P.S: This is dedicated to ThatCoolioKid for asking to interview me. It's such an honor, thank you so much. And you guys should all check out her work if you're ever in need of a good story to read. Share that Wattpad love, everyone!

P.S.S: The song in this update is on the side ----> check it out!