Don't Mess With Riley Cooper

Riley POV

I tucked my phone in the pocket of my ripped jeans as I walked up the steps of Malibu Creek High. As soon as I walked into the indoor pool, I was attacked by Christina. "Thank god you're here!"

I tried to stay calm as I followed her and sat down on the bleachers. "Chris, what is it?"

"We've got the best news ever!" I sighed in relief. Jesus, I thought I was summoned because something bad happened.

"I know our competitive season is over, but we just received an invitation from the Pacific Coast Swim Institute. Malibu Creek has been invited to join a clinic among other schools nearby."

"That's great, Chris!" Her smile faltered and I furrowed my brows.

"But there's a bit of bad news."

"Well, what is it?"

"Look, I know you guys have beef*, but just hear me out okay?  Melanie broke her leg yesterday and she can't make it to the clinic."

Chris took a deep breath and continued. "So I asked Natalie to come and she agreed."

I sat stunned for a second as I let Chris's words sink in. They invited my archenemy to join the JV swim team. 

"Ry, I'm sorry. But she's good. Not incredible, but she can keep up. And we need her or else we can't do any relays at the clinic."

I nodded calmly and stood. "Well, then call up the team. Practice starts in twenty." 

* * * 

"Go go go!" I shouted as I watched the girls swim back and forth. "Come on, my grandmother could swim faster than that!" 

I frowned as my eyes zeroed in on Natalie panting and gripping the railing of the pool. "Natalie! Get out of the water." 

I stood and walked towards her. "Do you think this is a joke?" 

She raised her eyebrows at me and continued panting. "You're out of shape. You swim like a crippled goldfish, and you dared to stop drills to catch your breath."

Natalie said nothing and I felt my anger flare up. "Drop and give me fifty push-ups." 

"What?!" I glared at her and blew my whistle. "Everyone out of the water."

The girls could sense my mood and kept quiet as they filled in around me. "Everyone drop down and give me fifty push-ups. You can thank Natalie for it."

The girls knew better than to complain and obediently lowered themselves to the floor. "Ready?"

I blew my whistle again and began to count. 

That'll teach Natalie Martin to mess with Riley Cooper.

A/N: 

Filler chapter again but no worries because I'm currently writing the second part to this! It will be up in less than an hour...probably. 

PLOT TWIST HERE WE COME! :)

Also, Beef* is just slang for like having a problem/grudge on someone.