Tequila-Induced Coma

Riley POV

I felt the smile I was wearing slip off my face as I read the text message.

Sorry. Cnt make it 2nite. Swim practice. Txt u l8er.

Great! So I wore a totally adorable beach dress for nothing? With a pout, I locked my phone screen and went in search for the girls.

I pushed past the few dozen people dancing around on the private beach and strutted up to Anna, Abby, and Stacy. "Guys!" I shouted over the music and they all turned to look at me.

I silently held up my phone for them to read and watched as their faces deflated. I shrugged and then turned to walk away from the beach, since I was no longer in a party mood.

I walked into my empty house and wondered into the kitchen. I raised an eyebrow when I saw him. He was looking just as hot as always in a pair of dark jeans and a V-neck tee. Oh, and let's not forget his signature cocky smirk as he watched me approach. 

"What are you doing here?" He shrugged and pushed off the counter he was leaning on.

"Have to babysit my sister. I don't trust wild high-school beach parties." I snorted and rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever. Something tells me you had nothing better to do so you infiltrated a 'wild high-school beach party'." I laughed at his expression before flopping down next to him on the kitchen tiles. 

"So what brings you here to my lonely chambers?" I rolled my head in his direction to give him a flat, raised-eyebrow look.

When I didn't answer, Zach scooted closer and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "My guess is that your date bailed on you."

I shoved his arm off and crossed my arms over my chest. "No."

This, apparently, was hilarious because Zach started laughing. "Sure. But what else could have happened to bring you out of the party and in here with me?"

I turned to look at me and I gave a little gasp when I saw how close he was to my face. "You're drunk."

Zach laughed as he held up one of my dad's tequila bottles. "Nope. I'm just tipsy. There's no way I would have made it this far sober."

"Ahh," I said nodding," like that makes sense."

Zach rolled his eyes and handed me the bottle. "Try it. Your bad attitude is killing my buzz."

I rolled my eyes and tried handing it back but the look he shot my way stopped me. "Don't be such a baby. It's just a sip."

With a shrug, I tipped the bottle back and practically chocked when the cold liquid burned down my throat like acid. "Holy shit. That's so gross."

Zach laughed and shook his head, "To each his own, I guess." 

We sat there in silence for a second before he broke it. "So did the asshole really not show up?" 

I groaned and reached for the bottle again. "Shut up, Zach."

It burned less the second time, and I learned that the more you drink it, the sweeter it tasted. Before long, I was a drunk, giggly mess. 

I tried to get up but the room wouldn't stop spinning. So I held on to Zach and ignored his low, sexy chuckle. "Shut up."

"Can you even walk?" I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Carry me. I need to pee." Zach laughed again but bent down to pick me up anyway. I yelped when I felt my legs give out but then laughed when I realized I hand't fallen.