The Graduate

A/N: The long awaited Graduation update! Dedicated to Dedicated to manda55 and everyone that follows this story for being so patient! Summer classes suck >.<

Riley POV

My makeup was simple, consisting only of some light shimmery copper eyeshadow, mascara, and barely-there pink gloss. My hair followed that pattern, after all it was hard to do anything else because of the short length. So I'd simply flat-ironed it and braided back my side bangs. 

Pinning the short braid back with a bobby-pin, I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror and shrugged. 

I looked decent for the little sleep I'd gotten. 

My bedroom opened and I heard the voice of Anna as she looked for me in my empty room. "In here!" I called from the bathroom. A moment later the door opened to reveal Anna in a cute bubble-gum pink dress. It had a scoop neck with thick straps. The material tucked in at the waist to flair out into a circle skirt. 

"Cute," I said as I looked down at her sparkly peep-toe heels. 

"I wish I could say the same, but you're still in Spongebob slippers." I laughed and pushed past her to pick up my dress from the bed. 

It was a simple dress with a square neckline and a lace-edged keyhole cutout in the back. It was a creamy dove grey color that complimented my pale skin well, and reached all the way down to about four inches above my knee. 

Anna  followed me out of the bathroom and came over to help zip me up from the discrete side zipper on the dress. Thanking her, I sat down on the bed to slip on the nude pump heels. 

"Ready?" she asked as she reached for her clutch purse. Nodding, I let her drag me out of the house and into the car. 

I was nervous to go back to Lakeview for many reasons. One was that I felt as if I might cry as soon as I stepped foot past the majestic black gates. And another was that I wasn't sure if Grant would show up. 

If he didn't, his family would be crushed, and it would all be my fault. 

"You look kind of constipated making that face," Anna commented at a red light. I shot her a glare and tried to smooth down my expression but it wasn't working. 

"Gee thanks." I said jokingly. She snorted and shocked me by flooring it when the light turned green. 

"I thought Stacy was supposed to be the crazy driver?" I asked with a bit of panic in my tone. 

"Well if I don't step on it, I'm afraid you'll chicken out." I scoffed and tightened my grip on the seat-belt. 

"I won't." I said but she only sped up and turned on the radio. "Anna! I'm not going to launch myself out of a moving car, relax!"

"I know!" she shouted over the pounding music. "This is supposed to be a distraction. Is it working?!"

Shaking my head with amusement, I rolled my eyes at her.

Turning away from her to look forward, my eyes widened and then I let out a scream. "ANNA!"

* * *

"I blame you," Anna said under her breath as we stayed motionless in the car. 

"What--me? How could this possibly be my fault?!" 

"You had that constipated look on your face that made me try to distract you." I rolled my eyes at her logic and made to get out of the car. 

"Well, you've certainly distracted me," I said as I smoothed down my dress after practically diving out of the car, and shook my hair out of my face.