Love Is In The Air

Riley POV

The next day flew by in a blur of Biology and other pointless classes. I couldn't wait to ditch my Rob clothes and go see Grant dressed as myself. 

I was so nervous that my mind had somehow made up everything and that Grant hadn't confessed his love to me. 

Taking a deep breath, I walked past the gate to enter the pool. My eyes automatically zeroed in on Grant leaning against the fence.

I opened my mouth to greet him but that sentence never left my mouth because Grant stepped forward and kissed my lips. 

Grant's hand cradled my face and his other arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to his naked chest. I responded easily, allowing him to deepen the kiss when his tongue lightly caressed my lower lip.

The sudden cat-calls and wolf-whistles made me jump back from his touch with a blush gracing my cheeks. Grant chuckled and pulled me back for another kiss. "Hey you."

Grant smiled down at me, "Hey." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and together we walked further into the pool area. "Hey guys."

I avoided their looks and tried to be as nonchalant as I could under the circumstances. "What the heck are you guys still doing here? Get in the pool."

After the guys gave me a teasing salute, they dived into the pool and began swimming laps. "And you. Don't think that this means I wont hound your ass in practice."

Grant flashed me a sexy grin and leaned in again for another kiss. "Hmm I wouldn't have it any other way. Love you." 

"Love you too," I said as I watched him jog away and dive into the water. This was probably the best day I've had in months. 

Love is in the air, I thought to myself and smiled. We were finally together again.

* * *

After dismissing practice, I hung around long enough to see Grant come out of the locker rooms with a pair of jeans, t-shirt, and a smile when he spotted me. "Hey, I thought you'd left."

I shook my head and stood to walk towards him. Words could not explain how nervous and scared I was at this moment. 

"I have something to tell you," I said at the same time he said, "I wanted to ask you something."

I smiled weakly and nodded for him to continue. "Uhh I don't know if this is a little too fast or whatever but I was wondering if you were planning to go to Turnabout."

I laughed and leaned in for a quit kiss. "You're asking me to ask you to Turnabout?" I said in an amused voice. Turnabout was a dance my school held each year around this time where the girl asked the guy out. 

Grant chuckled nervously and tucked his hands in his pockets. "Erm yeah, I guess I am." I smiled again and kissed him again, this time less playfully. 

His arms wrapped around my waist while mine raised above my head to knot behind his neck. "Grant Jones, will you please do me the honor of being my date to Turnabout?" I asked in a humor--filled tone. 

Grant nodded and I jumped up to wrap my legs around his middle. "You seem a little hot, Riley. Wanna cool off?"

I raised an eyebrow at his teasing tone and my jaw dropped when he walked still carrying me to the edge of the pool. My eyes narrowed and I said in a low tone, "You wouldn't."

Grant smirked and said, "Try me," before throwing me in the pool. 

I landed with a splash and emerged dripping wet with my hair all over my face. I ignored his laughter and instead held my hand out for him to help me. 

Grant took it, still laughing, and my hold tightened over his hand. I watched his eyes widen when I pulled his arm and I sent him flying forward. 

I laughed when he wrapped his arms around my torso and I wrapped my legs around his middle again. "You're gonna regret that."

"Oh yeah? Well you'll have to catch me first!" I said in a playful manner before disentangling myself from his hold and swimming away with lightning speed. 

A/N: So I felt like writing today and posting another happy Grant & Riley chapter! This update is dedicated to nnyl321 for making me laugh with your comment. You all are so adorable and encouraging, thanks so much!
Vote/Comment!