43. Uncertain

Jimin's 1st Person POV

It's late Monday morning, and I'm currently in my workspace at the Bungie headquarters.

I'm a little exhausted after the trip to Portland. And, when we arrived yesterday, I wanted to spend some time with Luella and hopefully talk to her about our relationship, but she had a lot of errands to tend to and also wanted to check on her macaron and tea shop. I did try to talk to her about our relationship status while in Portland, but there was always some kind of interruption, mainly with us having to take care of her dad, helping Cora around the house, or hanging out with Olivia and Sonya. We just didn't have enough alone time.

So, we never had that talk.

*Tap tap tap

The sound takes me away from my thoughts and I turn my office chair to face towards the opening of my cubicle. I see Margot standing there.

"Hey, Margot. What's up?" I acknowledge her with the greeting. I assume she's here to discuss something about the game we're working on or ask me about lunch.

"I was seeing what you're doing for lunch. Evan and I are planning on checking out that new sub shop around the corner." So, I was right with my second guess. It makes sense. If it's not her, it's Evan coming over to my cubicle. They both tend to ask me to join them for lunch once in a while.

"Oh, that's cool. I was actually going to grab some sushi near OMO! Macarons, then stopping at OMO to bring Luella some lunch. Maybe I'll bring some macarons back to the office." I explain to her as I twirl my fountain pen between my fingers.

"Aw, that's sweet. I'm glad it's going well with you and Luella. And, yes! Please bring some macarons back! They make the best! Please bring back a pistachio macaron for me, if you can."

"Yeah, it is going well, and I'll pick some up, for sure," I simply say. It would be better if I could just talk to Luella about our relationship status.

"Awesome! By the way, you're still coming with us on the beach trip next week, right?" She asks and looks at me, awaiting my answer.

"I think so. I'll let you know if things change." I tell Margot this because I'm debating on just not going and seeing if Luella wants to do something with me over the weekend.

"Okay, well, for now I'll have you as part of the list of people staying with us at the beach house. There are 8 of us and four bedrooms. There are also two couches that people can crash on and Evan said he'll bring an air mattress."

"Sounds good," I utter out and give her a subtle smile.

"Anyway, I'm going to go back and finish up on some work before lunch," Margot says. We wave at each other and she turns to walk over to her work space.

♡♥♡

"Oh. Hey, Jimin. What can I do for you?" JB greets me as I step up as his next customer.

"Hey, JB. I'll do a dozen. Two Nutella macarons...two salted caramel popcorn ones...let's see...two strawberry cheesecake macarons, two fruity pebble ones...two pistachios and two matcha ones, please. Also, can you let Luella know I'm here? I brought her lunch." I ask JB as I lift the bag of sushi I brought Luella for him to see.

"Oh, for sure," JB says, as he now places my box of macarons in a pastel paper bag with the OMO! Macaron label on both sides of it. He rings me up and after I finish paying, he tells me to wait to the side of the counter. He heads to the back and a half a minute later, he returns to the front of the shop with Luella following him. JB goes back to his register and I see my smiling woman heading towards where I'm standing.