2. Eye Candy

Luella's 1st Person POV

"Luella, Madison! How are you ladies doing?!" Taehyung walks up to the table we are currently occupying in his restaurant, V's Gourmet Burgers. He's clad in a form-fitting black t-shirt with the restaurant logo on the front, dark-wash blue jeans, black Timberland boots, and a black baseball cap.

Madison and I decided to come into Taehyung's burger place for lunch today. She and I are constantly craving the burgers here. And, it's conveniently walking distance from our bakery. Oh, and the owner is someone who I've become close to, professionally, since we give each other advice when it comes to our businesses. We try to come to each other's locations to support one another. It's easy on my part since the food, here, is undeniably delectable.

Also, the man is quite the eye candy. The mere sight of him makes my day a little more pleasant. And, I can't complain about him always coming out of the kitchen when he knows we are here. I like that he makes a point to greet us most of the time when we come in to eat lunch.

I finish chewing my bite of my tilapia burger before speaking.

"Hey, Tae! We're doing great! The shop has been steady with customers today and Madison and I have been on track with getting our special macarons ready for tomorrow's little event!" I excitedly share with him since I'm genuinely looking forward to tomorrow.

"Oh, you were telling me about that! You're doing an event for that webtoon that's also a tv show, right?" He inquires while he's mainly looking at me. I internally swoon at the way the man is gazing at me.

"Yes! It's for 'Business Proposal*'! We've been sharing details about it on social media pages and people seem to be really excited about tomorrow's event." Madison answers him, which I'm grateful for because I was so mesmerized by the man's eyes that it's as if he took my fucking breath away as well as my ability to speak right at that moment. This man has quite the effect on me.

"I have tomorrow off. I have to get some errands done. But, while I'm out, I'll try and make a stop by your shop!" He says, with slight eagerness in his voice.

"We'd really like that. It's nice seeing you around the shop, Tae," I softly say to him.

"Oh, is that right?" He winks at me. "I like seeing you in here. Anyway, I need to get back. The burgers are on the house!"

"Oh you don't have to do that, Tae," I tell him, not wanting him to go out of his way for us.

"Let me. I know you've had quite the week, okay, Luella? From one business owner to another, I know what you're dealing with, and then you have family stuff on top of it. I really insist. Plus, it's not like you haven't given me free macarons in the past." He speaks out, his eyes gently looking back at me.

About a week ago, Taehyung and I bumped into each other at a nearby bar and I had unloaded onto him a lot of things that have been stressing me out. So, maybe that why he's doing this kind gesture.

"Well, thank you Tae," I say to him, throwing him a thankful smile.

"Anything for you," he utters back, nodding his head and smiling back softly at me.

Madison and I say goodbye to him and he heads back into the kitchen.

When Taehyung is now no longer near us, Madison wiggles her eyebrows at me and looks at me, suggestively.