35. Meeting Mom

Luella's 1st Person POV

"Don't freak out okay?" Olivia says to me from the passenger seat of Sonya's car. Sonya is driving us to the restaurant where we are to meet Jimin. My mom and I are sitting in the backseat with me sitting right behind Sonya and my mom behind Olivia.

"Well, when you say that, I have a feeling I will," I scoff at my sister who's had her head turned to somewhat face me.

"Mom met up with Jungkook earlier for coffee during his lunch break today and she invited him to dinner tonight. He's meeting us there." She says to me, giving me an apologetic smile.

"Fuck," I mutter under my breath and my mom turns to me.

"What's the matter?" My mom looks concerned as she stares at me, waiting for me to answer her.

"Mom, Jungkook doesn't like Jimin," my sister answers her before I can say a word.

"What? Is Jimin not a good guy? If Jungkook doesn't like him, isn't that cause for concern?" My mom questions out for anyone to answer this time.

"No, mom. Jungkook just wishes it was him instead of Jimin. That's all." My sister yet again answers, as if matter-of-factly, before I could utter anything out.

"Are you saying my precious Jungkookie has a thing for you, Luella?" My mom gushes since she's always adored Jungkook. She loves that he's Olivia's best friend, and of course she'd like the idea of me being with Jungkook.

"Hey, Jungkook is seeing someone else. Okay, mom? And, I don't know. Ever since Jungkook met Jimin, even before we made anything official, Kook's always been standoffish around Jimin." I share with my mom.

"Well, I'm sure dinner will be fine," my mom says, sounding hopeful but I'm doubtful.

Part of me wanted to bring up the specifics of my relationship with Jimin to my mom and sister, but maybe now isn't the right time. I've always felt like I could be open with them, especially my mom. I don't think my mom would be against me being in an open relationship. She's a progressive-minded person. I don't think my sister would care, either, but, I don't want to say anything until Jimin and I have been in this arrangement a little longer where we are absolutely sure that we want to keep this relationship going.

It's so early with what we have that I just want to keep it on the down low. He and I need to get used to this new dynamic.

♡♥♡

My mom, Olivia, Sonya, and I are walking towards the front of the restaurant. As we get closer, I am able to spot Jimin and Jungkook amongst other people who are all patiently waiting to be called. Dare I say, they look like they seem to be getting along and seeing them conversing and actually laughing about whatever they are talking about makes me feel a bit relieved.

"Hey, Guys!" Olivia enthusiastically says in a projected voice, causing the men to look over to us. As soon as I lock eyes with Jimin, he throws me the sexiest little grin. He's a sight for sore eyes. I miss that damn smile of his.

Olivia swiftly steps in front of Jungkook and they greet each other with a hug while I head over to stand in front of Jimin.