38. Just Consider It

Jin's 1st Person POV

"I wish I had a guy come visit me while I'm working, who's as gorgeous as your man," I hear Maria say as I enter the back of the shop. As I quietly shut the back door behind me, I hear Luella answer her.

"It is nice, I won't lie. It's just unfortunate that Jimin came to visit because he's leaving for the airport in a couple hours for business." Luella speaks in a playful manner to our associate.

"Still, it's sweet he wanted to see you before leaving and brought you lunch! I'm jealous! Every guy that shows interest ends up just wanting to hook up or aren't my type whatsoever!" I can tell Maria is grimacing as she speaks.

"Yeah, I'll admit, Jimin is someone I never thought I'd meet, but I'm grateful for his presence in my life," Luella speaks, the fondness in her voice is very present.

So, are you two official?" Maria inquires as I now place my backpack in my own designated locker in a hidden corner of our shop. I might be creepy listening in, but I'm curious. Plus, this is a building that I co-own so I can do as I please.

"Kind of..." I hear Luella drift off.

"What does that mean?!" Maria questions in an upbeat tone, asking exactly what I was thinking. I try to quietly close my locker. It seems as though they didn't hear me come in or else they would have acknowledged me by now. Or, Luella would have heard the noise and would yell and ask who just entered the back of the shop.

"It means we are in a relationship, but we've agreed to keep it an open relationship," Luella explains to Maria and my eyes widen when she said it's an open relationship.

"Are you serious?! How is that going?!" Maria squeals and, at this point, I'm now placing my combination lock back on my locker and clicking it shut.

"It's been a month since we agreed to this relationship, and it's honestly been interesting. Kind of a new dynamic for both of us, but I like how it's been going so far." I hear Luella share all of this to Maria as I enter the kitchen, where they are hard at work. I see them looking down, both of them extremely focused on the macarons they are working on.

"Hey, Luella! Hey, Maria!" I greet the ladies, whose heads shoot up and they both look directly at me.

"Hey, Jin!" Luella greets me as I walk over and stand in a spot next to her.

"We are working on some salted caramel popcorn macarons," Maria informs me and I nod as Luella hands me the filling pipe bag she's using.

"You can use this and I'll grab another. We are trying to make a bunch of these for a customer's work office party." Luella says as she's about to walk away but the back room phone starts to go off and Maria stops her.

"No, Luella, you take my filling bag and help Jin finish the macarons. You guys are faster and I'm taking the call. I'm assuming they need help out front. When I come back, I'll make more of the salted caramel filling." Maria offers and Luella nods, taking the filling bag from Maria. Luella and I silently work while Maria talks to Jay B, who's out in the front with Maisie. After a couple minutes, Maria leaves us to help Jay B and Maisie.

"So, you and that Jimin guy are together?" I ask without fully thinking.

"You heard us?" Luella stops working on a macaron and looks over at me.