26. Family Dinner Shenanigans

Luella's 1st Person POV

It is now close to 5:30pm. Olivia's treatment ended a couple hours ago. After being at the cancer center for a good chunk of the day, Mark and his assistant, Vernon, returned to pick us up. We headed back to the apartment so that Olivia and I could also freshen up and change.

We have been relaxing, with Mark and Olivia playing some video game which caused them to competitively yell at each other every once in while. Vernon is on the opposite end of the sectional couch from the two of them, busy on his laptop. And, I'm just here, sitting in the corner of the living room, reading some fanfic about Bucky Barnes* that Madison sent me since she knows that I have a celebrity crush on the actor who plays that particular Avenger.

As I was about to start a steamy chapter involving Bucky Barnes and Y/N, a S.H.I.E.L.D agent, I hear knocks that is distinctly how Sonya would knock. Mark and Olivia are so engrossed in the video game that they don't even hear the door but I clearly heard them since my chair is close to the front door. Vernon seems to have immaculate hearing because he closes his laptop and gets up from his spot. He's about to offer to get the door, but I kindly shake my head at him while I get out of my leather chair, queuing him to remain in his spot.

"Sonya is here, guys!" I announce to my siblings as I open the door, revealing Sonya decked out in her business casual clothes. She looks like she came here straight from her work, which is for a marketing company, where she has been recently promoted and has been working her ass off.

I stand off to the side, allowing for Sonya to enter the place.

"Are you all ready to head to dinner?" Sonya asks everyone in the living room.

"K.O! I beat you bro!" Olivia yells into our brother's ear, throws her controller on the empty cushion beside her and jumps off the couch and throws herself onto her girlfriend, greeting her with a warm hug.

"Hey, babe! We're ready! I'm starving!" Olivia gleefully tells Sonya and she gives her a peck on the lips. Sonya lovingly rubs Olivia's bald head.

Those two have been bald since they had me shave their heads a while back. And, this two pull of the look really well. Olivia kept saying she'd look like a potato, but she's far from it.

"Good! I'm starving, too. Anyway, how was treatment, by the way?" Sonya curiously asks my sister.

"It was fine. Namjoon, my nurse, took great care of me, as always. I'm just not looking forward to the next few days with all the side effects. But, I'll get through it." Olivia informs Sonya with a determined expression. I know my sister is dreading the sickness she'll have to endure but I know she is trying to stay as strong as possible.

"I know, and you know I'll be here for you! I wish I could go in with you for your treatments, but at least you have your sister and Mark, today!" Sonya voices out.

We all know how supportive Sonya is about everything involving my sister. But, Olivia has been constantly reminding her not to feel bad because she really can't afford to miss work and even told Sonya she'd rather have her use her paid time off for more fun reasons with her, to which Sonya has accepted. And, besides, even though she cannot be at the treatments, she has made it clear that she's there for Olivia during all her horrible bouts of nausea, vomiting, stomach issues and bone pain. She's been staying at our apartment instead of her own place, a lot, and I don't mind it one bit because I know she's going out of her way to care and look after my sister when I'm not home.