34. Just Need To Get Used To It

Luella's 1st Person POV

Olivia:
Hey, Sis. Namjoon is just administering my Nuelasta injection and we'll be right out. Btw, Mom kept flirting with Namjoon all throughout the day, but also kept bringing you up. She gave him your number. She's shameless.

My sister sent me this text after I had texted her, informing her that I'm parked right outside of the cancer center to pick her and my mom up. I chuckle and shake my head in amusement after I read it. She's right though, our mom is shameless.

Since they only really allow one person to stay with my sister during her treatment, I decided to let my mom be there for Olivia this time around. She showed up to our apartment in the morning and I dropped them off on my way to the macaron shop so that I could check on how everything is going with my associates and also to plug in some time in the back of the shop to make more macarons for the following days.

Reading that text from my sister made me slightly regret allowing my mom to stay at the cancer center. She's always trying to fix me up, even now, when she knows I'm seeing someone. She claims that it's always good to have a back-up.

She knows that I never want to be in a monogamous relationship and she's okay with that. It doesn't bother her that Olivia and I aren't very traditional when it comes to relationships. She's just supportive of us as long as we are happy.

Maybe she's a little to supportive. My mom
has given my number to friends with sons who seem eligible. And, yes, I have accepted a couple dates after my mom showed me pictures and they looked good so I just went with it. Those particular guys only ended up being fun just for a fling, but that's as far as it's ever been with them.

Maybe it's okay that Namjoon has my number. I was attracted to him, and if I'm in an open relationship, then I suppose it's okay that Namjoon can be an option.

I'll admit, I feel strange being on this so-called relationship while still being allowed to see others. Considering Joon, even just in my thoughts, feels like I'm cheating on Jimin, but, I know I'm not.  He's aware that I'll be seeing others, and he has every right to do the same. So, I'm technically not cheating. It's just this whole open-relationship concept is different for me and I might just need to get used to it.

When I was completely single, I didn't feel too guilty seeing different people because I had the freedom to do so. And, I guess I still have the freedom, just with a guy who I have a relationship with at the same time. Mentally, I'm just having a hard time with it. But, like I keep repeating to myself, I just need to adjust to everything with this lifestyle.

"Hey!" My sister greets me after opening the car door in the back of my sedan, on my side. My mom opens the passenger door and the two of them slip into my car, and they shut the doors at the same time.

"Lu, that nurse of Olivia's is totally your type! I hope you don't mind I slipped him your number," my mom tells me as she buckles up. Of course she wouldn't waste time mentioning Namjoon.

"Mom, you know I'm seeing someone," I reply back, though I won't go into detail and tell her it's an open relationship. At least, I'm not going to mention it anytime soon, because I want to give myself time and see if this is something that will work for me before I tell a lot of people. The only one who knows about this open relationship I'm exploring with Jimin is Madison, but that's a given because she's my number one confidante.