24. Sliver of Hope

Yoongi's 1st Person POV

"Come for me," I croon into Luella's ear while I'm on top of her. My hips are slamming into her and I can feel her walls tighten around me. I know she's close to her climax.

She throws her head back even more on the pillow and I latch my lips onto the side of her neck, causing her to moan out.

"OH YOONGI!" She cries out loud enough that I feel like the neighbors would be able to hear her.

Moans continue to come out of this beautiful woman as she comes around my cock and the sight of her face as she orgasms affects me. The feeling of her around me as I penetrate her is making reach my own peak.

My movements become erratic and before I know it, I'm groaning and coming while deep inside of her. After a couple more thrusts, I pull out, give her a peck on the lips and quickly get up to get rid of the condom in the hallway bathroom.

I return back into the bedroom and lie down, facing Luella, who's lying on her back, looking up at the ceiling. As I wrap an arm around her, to get cozy, she turns her body to face me with a sweet smile on her face.

"Hey," she says above a whisper in the cutest fucking way possible, causing me to smile back at her.

"Hey," I rasp back, staring into her eyes.

"What's on your mind?" She softly asks me.

"Honestly? As much as I'm excited for my band, I'm thinking about how I don't want to go on tour and just stay with you," I honestly tell her.

"Yoongi. this is a big deal for the band, and well, you and I..." she trails off and I decide to speak up.

"We've known each other for years. And these past few years of us not being as close, well I regret letting us get distant. I missed spending time with you and I'm glad we are going back to that. We get each other. And, now there's clearly this strong chemistry between us. Luella, you mean more to me—"

Luella cuts me off before I can say anything else.

"Yoongi, I know where you're trying to get at, but you know I don't want anything serious. Not just with you, but with anyone. Plus, you've always been my best friend. I don't want a relationship to complicate things. I don't think relationships ever work out. What if we try and it ends up not working out? I can't bare to lose your friendship." Her voice comes out stern the whole time she's speaking with a hint of wariness.

"Why can't we try, though?" I voice out with clear frustration coming out of me, my arm now unraveling from her body.

"I'm scared of risking our friendship!" She snaps. I shake my head in disagreement as I sit up.

"You know what? Fine. But, friendships can break apart just as quickly as a relationship can, you know that? Maybe my feelings for you will always just run deeper than yours." I'm feeling so defeated.

"Yoongi, it's not that, I—"

"Just forget it. I need to get ready for work. I'm just going to use my brother's bathroom to shower. You can use the spare bathroom and let yourself out after." I say to her, not being able to hide the cold tone in my voice and I just can't look at her right now.

I get off the bed and head towards the door. I don't even look back at her.

"Yoongi," I hear her try to speak out as I continue to walk past the door, her voice sounding pained.

My heart feels like it's been stomped on.

I've loved this woman for a good part of my life but she'll never feel the same way for me, at least not enough to give the two of us a chance.