24. Love Will Grow

Avalon found Alicent in the halls that night trying to keep from crying as she walked bare footed her night gown torn slightly and the blood from her first fuck dripped down her thighs.

"Alicent." Avalon whispered and she jumped nervously until she saw who it was.

Alicent couldnt speak. Couldnt verbalize how awful that night had been but Avalon seemed to know and she hugged alicent to her gently. Running a calming hand over her back.

"Come on". Avalon urged leading her back to her own chambers.

"I cant go back there". Alicent murmured.

"You are coming with me." Avalon corrected as she pushed open her chamber door. She sat Alicent on the edge of the bed and Avalon cleaned her up. "Are you cold? Do you want a fresh gown?" Avalon asked running her fingers through Alicents hair. Alicent nodded slightly a shaky breath in her lungs as she tried to push the memory from her mind. The council watching and applauded as she was raped by her new husband. That would be her life.

"I can wait outside". Avalon remarked holding out a dress for Alicent but she grabbed Avalons hand.

"Dont leave". She whimpered. "Please dont leave me."

"Do you want me to help you?" Avalon whispered and Alicent nodded just slightly again as Avalon helped her out her gown and into a new. She held Alicents face in her hands and kissed her forehead.

Avalon blew out the candles and laid Alicent down pulling the blankets up around her before wrapping her arms around Alicent whispering it would get better and she was right here until Alicent finally fell asleep.

Avalon kept an arm around her all night.

When Alicent woke in the morning she had forgotten where she was and felt a weight an arm around her waist a body pressed up against her back and panic filled her. But then she saw the delicate hand of Avalon and turned her cheek and her worries faded as she leaned closer to Avalon feeling safe.

"You are alright sweetie." Avalon whispered assuring her feeling Alicent relax again.

"Can I stay in your bed forever?" Alicent countered and a smile curved the delicate details of Avalons face as she slowly opened her eyes. Alicent turned to face her so they were breathing the same breath.

"Im going to have a talk with Vis." Avalon informed her softly.

"No. Dont. Its fine". Alicent said unconvincingly as she tried to hide her face but Avalon held her closer.

"You don't deserve to be miserable your whole life." Avalon corrected.

+

Avalon asked if Viserys had a moment and he always said, for her yes. She kissed his cheek before sitting beside him.

"I want to talk about Alicent". Avalon remarked and Viserys face pinched. "You are a good man and a great brother". Avalon assured. "But she is young and very vulnerable right now Vis. Last night... did the council really have to be present? Her father is hand. Do you think the whole ordeal wasnt tramatic enough?"

"Marrying me is tramatic?" Viserys mused.

"Vis I love you. I love you so much". Avalon declared "but Alicent is young and she wasnt ready for that. Things take time."

"What are you saying?"

"She was hurt. You- I know you didnt think about it but Vis she didnt want last night. She didnt she wasnt..."

"I didnt force myself upon her". Viserys corrected but had he?

"I know you didnt mean to but Vis she was scared. And with everyone watching thats not how someone should have their first time" Avalon informed him honestly.

"Avalon," viserys rasped processing. "Gods I didnt... I wouldnt... I have to apologize". Viserys declared.

"I will tell her. I already told her you didnt mean to hurt her". Avalom assured. "You were just doing your duty."

"Im an idiot". Viserys whispered.

"My idiot". Avalon corrected kissing his cheek.

"Avalon I never meant to hurt her". Viserys repeated. "The love isnt there. I just wanted to be done with it too". He admitted.

"Perhaps love will grow. Just give her time to adjust". Avalon suggested.

"The reason they pushed is because they want another heir. Our line is vulnerable". Viserys remarked. "Once she has a child in her belly-"

"Viserys." Avalon tsked.

"Im sorry Avalon. Its the way of the world. It has to be done. I will be more gentle". He offered and Avalon flicked his forehead.

"Stop that. Shes scared here and you are old to her."

"Dagger dagger my love". Viserys remarked bringing a hand to his chest.

"Vis im serious give her time".

"If I had more time-"

"You are the king". Avalon reminded him. "You make the rules".

"We all have our orders Avalon."

"Then I will talk to the real man in charge." avalon countered rooting her hands on her hips. "She is scared give her time to adjust. I love you viserys I love you more than anyone but be gentle give her time I will sing your praises". Avalon offered. "But give her some time". Viserys nodded in agreement as he kissed both of Avalons cheeks.

"I should have married you." Viserys whispered as she hugged him.

"I wouldnt have minded". Avalon informed him before heading out. Viserys stared back at the spot where she stood perplexed, she wouldnt have minded marrying him. Why didnt he ask her? viserys wanted to shout. But it was too late now. 

Alicent came to Avalons room every night that fortnight, Viserys kept his distance, and Alicent enjoyed the feeling of Avalon curled up next to her.

One morning Alicent woke turning to face Avalon and she didnt know what came over her but Alicent kissed her.