4. Right In Front Of You

'Did you read it?' Alicent questioned as they sat under a tree a large book in her lap as Rhaenyra stared up at the sky, not paying attention. The world of politics bored her.

'Of course, I read it.' Rhaenyra answered

'When Princess Nymeria arrived in Dorne, who did she take to husband?'

'A man.' She answered bored out of her mind

'What was his name?' Alicent pushed.

'Lord Something.'

'If you answer with "Lord Something," Septa Marlow will be furious.'

'She's funny when she's furious.' Rhaenyra told her with a smirk

'You're always like this when you're worried.' Alicent remarked.

'Like what?' she asked staring up at her.

'Disagreeable.' Alicent told her. Rhaenyra stared at her, a bit annoyed 'You're worried your father is about to overshadow you with a son.'

'I only worry for my mother. I hope for my father that he gets a son. As long as I can recall, it's all he's wanted.' Rhaenyra told her honestly.

'You want him to have a son?'

'I want to fly with you on dragon back, see the great wonders across the Narrow Sea, and eat only cake.' Rhaenyra told her.

'I'm being serious.'

'I never jest about cake.' Rhaenyra assured. "It is a trait my aunt Avalon and I share." Alicent knew that was a good time to open up and ask more questions about her aunt. The perfect sigment into the world of Avalon. But then Avalon came outside and sat beside them.

"What are we learning about today?" Avalon questioned leaning into Alicent as she peered down at the book. But Rhaenyra reached a hand back blocking the words.

"When Princess Nymeria arrived in Dorne, who did she take to husband?' Rhaenyra quizzed.

"Testing me are you?" Avalon laughed out as she leaned back against the tree.

"Show Alicent how brilliant you are." Rhaenyra declared.

"I already think you are wonderful." Alicent assured as Avalon tipped her head into Alicent.

'Lets see... the Princess Nymeria led her Rhoynar across the Narrow Sea on 10,000 ships to flee their Valyrian pursuers.' Avalon began. "She took Lord Mors Martell of Dorne to husband and burned her own fleet off Sunspear to show her people that they were finished running.' Alicent and Rhaenyra stared back at her baffled. "Viserys studied with me all the time when we were younger." Avalon remarked as she took the page tearing it out of the book

'What are you doing?' Alicent questioned nervously as Avalon handed it to her.

'So you remember.' She offered before getting up.

'If-if the Septa sees this book, then...' Alicent said nervously as she looked at the torn page in her hand.

"My dear girl if you live by the rules all your life you miss out on the fun right in front of you." Avalon corrected with a wink before heading back inside.

+

'Is it healing?'

'It has grown slightly, Your Grace.' Mellos told him as he examined the wound

'Can you say yet what it is?' Otto questioned

'We've sent inquiries to the Citadel. They are searching the texts for similar cases.' Mellos told him