62. Little Miss Perfect

Ages-Aegon 7, Helaena 5, Aemond 4, Vaera 3, Jace 2, Luke 1

"Its hard to ride two horses with one butt." Avalon remarked nonchalantly.

"What?"

"It's a saying," avalon clarified. "You are spreading yourself to thin, take time to focus on what's important." Viserys nodded as vaera came running up. Vaera was important to viserys and he was missing out on her cuteness. "Lyonel can handle things. That is why you have a hand."

"Yes. Yes," he agreed. Vaera plopped down into viserys lap smiling widely up at him. "My vaera."

"Your daughter needs to have a talking to as well." Avalon whispered "your eldest."

"Thats spreading myself onto three horses love and not worth the ass spilting." Viserys teased.

"True but... come on. She wont talk to me. I adore harwin-"

"Avalon she is to be protected. She is my daughter."

"And i want to protect her but its not just her that needs protecting. Its her boys and the accusations they will face for the rest of their lives." Avalon corrected.

"Vaera love i think its bed time." Viserys remarked getting up.

"Rhaenyra doesnt listen to alicent or I." Avalon went on as they walked. Vaera yawned into viserys chest. "I love those boys but viserys its going to hurt them more if she keeps this up."

"I know. I know..." viserys admitted softly.

"She listens to you more than the rest of us.... Just try Vis."

"For you I will try." Viserys agreed but he knew his efforts would be futile.

"Hi criston, oh no whats with the long face honey?" Avalon cooed. Criston smiled moving towards his queen. "Don't put a brave face on for me."

"I was just with Prince Aemond," Criston remarked "and aegon."

"Oh no what happened? Is everyone alright?" Avalon demanded

"Oh yes they are fine sorry." He added hurriedly. "The young princess want to train. We were training and..."

"Hiya!" Aegon declared.

"I can't seem to get them to put down their blades." Criston remarked. Aemond and Aegon chased each other through the halls.

"Oh it's adorable!" Avalon agreed. "Oh careful-" Aegons sword went flying and it got stuck in a painting. Good thing it was a sparring sword or else it would have caused real damage.

"Keep the sword play outside honey! Criston knows what's best for training listen to him!" Avalon begged her boys. Aegon rolled his eyes.

"Mum!" He grumbled

"Look at where your sword is." Avalon corrected. "It's in the protrait. It's not suppose to be im assuming." She added. "I know I'm not all that skilled in sword play like you boys..."

"It's not." Aemond agreed. "Silly Aegon."

"Silly Aegon indeed." Avalon agreed scooping up Aemond and peppering his face with kisses. "My smart boy."

"My sword stays in my hand mama. See?"

"I see." Avalon agreed. "Not in the wall..." aegon pulled it free ripping the portrait in the process.

"Oops."

⚔️
Avalon and Alicent were sitting in bed catching up over a glass of wine and avoiding Rhaenyra. Alicent hand ran over Avalons thigh as they spoke all the kids were in bed for the night and it was grown up time.

"Aemond bud, where are you going?" Viserys questioned hearing little footsteps down the hall. "Its bed time."

"I have to tell mommy!" Aemond corrected running to Avalons chambers. Viserys chuckled. Aemond pushed open the ajar door and smiled bud and wide seeing his Avalon. "Hi mommy!"

"Hi baby." Avalon answered. Aemond plopped down in her lap.

"I cant go to sleep im scared."

"Oh no. Baby what are you scared of?"
Avalon cradled aemond close.

"Im scared of broccoli". He whispered. Avalon tried really hard not to laugh.

"Sounds like Vaera and him had a talk before bed." Alicent mused.

"Broccoli is scary mama."

"Oh heavens," avalon murmured. "Baby boy there is nothing to be afraid of it's healthy."

"Vee likes cookies."

"Yes but we can't live on cookies."

"Says who? Vaera says otherwise."

🥦

"Are we going to talk about it?"

"No."

"Luke just turned one. I have held my tongue rhaenyra but..."

"But what? You are the heir and im the fuck up?"

"Rhaenyra-"

"No. Perfect little avalon. You do everything right."

"Im just-"

"What! What!" Rhaenyra shouted.

"You are impossible!" Avalon shouted. "I try with you and it always ends in an argument. It starts with one too."

"Well we cant all be little miss perfect."

"Im not perfect. Im messy. Im flawed. I'm human. We all make mistakes. Inowe up to mine. It's about time you own up to yours."