89. Apologize

''Prayer before we begin?'' Alicent offered

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed as they held hands. Aeron was already reaching for a cookie, much like his big sister Vaera.  "Vaera..." Viserys requested. She dropped it, it clattered to her plate. Avalon smiled grabbing Alice, bouncing her in Avalon's arms. 

''May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." Alicent said clearly before looking up at Daemon.

"Yes we wish Vaemond the best in death because he was the worst in life." Avalon muttered, Daemon laughed out. Rhaenyra hated how much of a connection they had. But of course they did. They were siblings. Daemon helped raise Avalon. 

''I was informed of the meeting," Viserys remarked. "Avalon everyone said you did wonderfully." 

"Oh thank you honey. I'm just glad Baela and Rhaena can keep their home. I know Rhaenys will continue to do a great job maintaining that holdfast." Avalon added. 

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes... and their betrothed". Viserys declared.

''Hear, hear!''

"Did Rhaenys decide that? I can't remember." Alicent countered, Rhaenyra's lips pursed. 

''Well done, Jace. You'll finally get to lie with a woman.'' Aegon sniggered.

"Aegon.'' Avalon warned. "Not at the table. None of this." Aegon grumbled into his cup. 

''Let us toast as well Princess Baela... the future lady of the Tides.'' Baela and Rhaena smiled holding hands under the table. A woman in charge. 

''Hear, hear.''

''You'll be great. You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that.'' Aegon went on.

''Let it be, cousin.'' Rhaena insisted. 

"Aegon stop it, as if any boys know what they are doing." Vaera tsked. 

"You tested that out beautiful?" Aegon questioned. 

"Its an action for men. Boys wouldnt know how to satify. I read it in a book." Vaera corrected. 

"Vaera was reading?" Alyssa questioned. 

"Stop looking at me like a grew a second head." Vaera countered. 

"You reading for pleasure is even more surprising." Aemond challenged. 

"I can show you-" Aegon offered. "Any of you, if you need-"

''You can play the jester if you wish, but hold your tongue before my betrothed.'' Luke told him stiffly.

''Mm-hm.'' Aegon mused taking another drink.

"Children." Avalon begged. 

''It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world... yet grown so distant from each other..."Viserys told them solemnly. "in the years past." Viserys removed his mask with a thud it landed on the table Avalon felt a wash of pain ru over her. She could pretend all she wanted that Viserys was getting better but he wasnt. That state of his face, the rest of his body were all failing visibly she couldnt imagine what was dying underneath the surface. ''My own face... is no longer a handsome one... if indeed it ever was. But tonight... I wish you to see me... as I am. Not just a king... but your father. Your brother. Your husband... and your grand sire.'' Viserys said kindly. ''Who may not, it seems... walk for much longer among you.'' Viserys gasped for breath as his chest felt heavy.