42. Harwin is Lovely

Already Mine / Lucerys Velaryon out now!
"Rhaenyra ran off. I swear that girl makes everything about her no matter what it is. This is her little brothers name day party and she has to runoff make a fuss but viserys should not have tried to set up a match with her today, either so partially this is his fault."

" well I've missed you and I'm glad you're done babysitting her." Alicent offered.

" it did feel like babysitting." Avalon admit it. " so how's the baby boy doing?"

" he's tired and overstimulated." Alicent answered.

" Rightfully so this has been a very long day, and he did not get his second nap in." Avalon agreed.

"Aaaaammm!" Aegon declared reaching for her.

"Hello baby boy. I missed you." Avalon snuggled aegon close. " You know that is also a very good benefit of not being pregnant because I get to snuggle the Littles while you carry them for nine whole moons."

" a benefit for you yes." Alicent agreed.

" you know I hate to admit it, but I'm going to admit it I've never really like the ladies of court and they never really liked me. They thought I was strange." Avalon admitted.

" you? Strange? Why on earth would they think that you're wonderful."

" well, thank you thank you." Avalon gave a small bow from her seat. "I always believed in magic." Avalon remarked. " I spent too much time with my Dragon and we had a big one I never got married."

" so they're envious of you." Alicent realized.

" I suppose that could be it. I never thought about it like that."

"Im envious of you." Alicent added. Avalon blushed.

'Your Grace... I had this forged in the Golden Gallery in honor of Prince Aegon.' Jason said coming up to Viserys

'It's quite a thing.' Viserys said as Jason handed off the spear.

'I hope it might provide the killing stroke against your white hart. The King of the Kings wood. It's as if the Seven themselves have blessed this day.'

'Thank you... for your generosity.' Viserys told him stiffly but Jason was not done.

'I would be honored to take the Princess Rhaenyra to wife, Your Grace. What I offer you, The crown and your daughter, is strength.' Jason told him.

'Do you think that House Targaryen wants for strength?'

'If someone offered you more dragons, would you not take them?'

'Do you have dragons to offer?' Viserys countered

'Casterly Rock is a splendid seat. Rhaenyra may take her place there by my side."

"Oh how cute the heir and her replacement." Ciera laughed out.  Avalon clenched her jaw.

"I didnt ask to be heir." Avalon whispered. "I didnt want this but im trying my best.  Why does everything think aegon is my replacement?"

"I dont know. I have certainly not spoken to viserys about it." Alicent assured.

'If you were to name young Aegon heir, Your Grace'. Jason remarked.

'And when would I be doing that?' Viserys questioned incredulously.

'I had assumed... as he's your firstborn son... Many of us had assumed...' Jason said awkwardly.

'Many of us, you say? Have your bannermen questioned my choice of heir?'

'Of course not, Your Grace.'

'It is your sworn duty to report rebellion stirring in my kingdom.'

'Rebellion? There's been nothing of the sort, Your Grace. I, I...' Jason stuttered nervously.

'I did not decide to name avalon my heir on a whim. All the lords of the kingdom would do well to remember that. Thank you... for the gift.' Viserys said stiffly.

"Perhaps i talk to viserys see what he has been hearing. Put an end to this nonsense." Avalon suggested. She shifted aegon in her arms. "You are a cute replacement if thats what they want." Avalon grumbled. Aegon stuck his tongue out at her.

'Wine.' Viserys requested forcing a smile at Alicent.

'The huntsman has the trail, Your Grace, and has sent out the hounds. It won't be long now until the white hart is cornered. Your prize is within reach.' Otto said coming to sit down at Viserys side. 'What do you make of Lord Jason's proposal?'

'That man's pride has pride.'

'You're not only Rhaenyra's father, you're the King. She'll do as you command.' Otto reminded him

'It is not my wish to command her, Otto.' Viserys told him 'I want her to be happy.'

'Vis might I have a moment." Avalon requested.

"Ah avalon always." Vissrys agreed shooing otto away.

'Excuse me your grace. We've sent out riders to find Rhaenyra, Your Grace.' Lyonel assured as the night grew dark and there was no sign of the princess. 'Ser Criston went after her, so the hope is that they are together.'

'The girl is a heedless contrarian. If I instead forbade her to wed a Lannister, she would've run off with Lord Jason out of spite.' Viserys remarked.

"Probably right." Avalon agreed.

'A truly great Targaryen King I am. Powerless over mine own daughter of seven-and-ten.'

'King Jaehaerys ruled over half a century of peace while his children drove him to the edge of madness... his daughters, in particular.' Lyonel recalled 'It is tradition, Your Grace.' Viserys took another sip of wine he surely didn't need it but he drank it down anyways. 'Do you wish to hear my opinion on the matter?' Viserys let out a long sigh.

'Should I guess? You believe that your son, Ser Harwin "Break bones," the strongest knight in the Seven Kingdoms, is the best match for Rhaenyra.' Viserys hissed.

"Oh Harwin is lovely." Avalon agreed. "Such fine young men you have raised."

'Thank you princess and You flatter me, Your Grace, but no.' Lyonel told him 'It would seem to me the best match for Rhaenyra is the son of The Sea Snake, Ser Laenor.' He offered 'Some years ago, I counseled you to take his sister to wife. My reasoning remains the same. Laenor is of pure Valyrian descent. He shares blood with your cousin, the Princess Rhaenys. And he is the heir to the wealthiest house in the realm. The breach between your houses has not narrowed since I last spoke of it. It would do much to assuage Lord Corlys of any slights real... or imagined.' Viserys pondered the idea. 'We must pray, of course, that Laenor survives the fighting in the Stepstones.'

"Excuse me my dearest. I need some air." Viserys remarked patting aegons head.

"Of course we will speak later." Avalon agreed.