Chapter Forty-one

DO YOU BELIEVE ME?

I had only managed a few hours of sleep before the sun rose up. Ja woke me up with breakfast in bed and an odd conversation about sea shells. One of those his long talks where I'd just listen and listen and listen. He talked for hours and we cuddled for another hour before getting ready for work. He went about his day as usual, but nothing about that day was usual for me. I was not working, I was daydreaming and counting the hours till I was under him.

Drinks was by 7pm. The second it hit 5:30pm I was out the office door. I needed to groom, douche and decide what to wear. On any other given day, it never took me more than a few minutes to get ready. Taking too long was a Nat thing, not me. But that day, I had grown a keen interest in fashion overnight. It took me forever to decide what to wear.

I shaved everything. From my armpits to my groin to my ass. It was one of those days I was grateful I didn't grow facial hair. As a teenager, I used to visit temples and make merit so I'd be blessed with facial hair and abs. I was thankful Buddha didn't listen, my arms were tired out.

I was terribly late. By the time I arrived at our table, everyone was getting ready to head over to Rauch where the party was set to continue. They hounded me for my lateness and shoved a drink into my hand before continuing their argument about something I could not make sense of. Ja and I found each other's gazes and exchanged a smile. For another thirty minutes, Pure and Nat continued to argue as everyone claimed sides.

For whatever reason Ja had chosen to lie, in that moment, watching them all laugh, argue, recall childhood memories, it mattered very little to me. I was glad I got a chance to get to know them. And whatever was to come the next day, did not need to stop me from enjoying their company.

"I'm going to go take a leak." Mongkut rose from his seat.

"I'll come too," I added.

"Hey you guys should get more drinks on your way back!" Nat demanded.

"Alright."

Mongkut and I exited the private dining, placing an order for the drinks before continuing to the toilet. Mongkut was done before me and when I stepped out of my stall, he had his shirt lifted up, trying to place a sore patch somewhere at the middle of his back he couldn't reach. His whole back was covered in whip marks and red spots, I frowned at the sight.

"Doesn't that hurt?" I asked, walking over to the sink to wash my hand.

"That is kind of the point," he said with a little groan.

"Right."

We both shared a laugh as I rinsed off my hands.

"But no. It's sore, but I'm not in pain. Do you mind?" He stretched out his hand, handing me the sore patch to help.

"Not at all." I quickly dried my hands and collected it. "Where?"

"Anywhere in the middle, along my spine."

I began to place them. He had three different sore patches laid out on the sink. "Malee is so good with you."

"He's a really nice guy. Good Dom too."

"Are you guys ever going to make it exclusive? Official boyfriends."

Mongkut exhaled and there was short silence before before he said, "It's best for us to keep things the way they are."

I finished and lowered his shirt. "His bright idea?"

Hearing the 'let's keep things the way they are' song from several of the men I had dated in the past groomed me to be prepared for disappointment and I just assumed it must've been Malee's idea.