Chapter Five

THE CHAIRWOMAN

THE CHAIRWOMAN

"You should be arrested for trespassing." Jaran cat-walked in, his scornful gaze traveling across the littered room. It was shameful to have been caught red-handed by him of all people. Thankful nonetheless; it was better than being found out by security.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have people to bore with your magnificence?" I argued. He rolled his eyes, stretching his hand towards me. "What do you want now?"

"My coat. Hand it over." He flicked a finger.

"Do I look like your designated maid? Find it yourself!" I pointed towards the coats scattered across the floor. He reached for my collar and I smacked his hand away. "Are you crazy? Don't ever touch me again!"

"You're wearing my coat," he clarified.

I glanced over the coat I was wearing, then him. I had always known he came from money, but was certain it wasn't that much. There was no way he could afford anything that expensive, especially something as unimportant as a coat.

"This isn't your coat."

"It is. Now hand it over."

"No. What is your problem? Why are you lying?"

"Ai Kit!"

"What? Eh what? Who do you think you are? Your royal majesty?" I curtsied.

He grabbed the coat in an attempt to yank it off me, but I was quick to catch his hand in time. He pulled, I pulled it back; a tussle erupted.

"Give it to me!" he demanded.

"No!"

Our little tussle soon escalated into a chaotic struggle, with both of us nagging and shouting until we fell to the ground. He wouldn't let go and losing to Jaran never came easy to me. We continued our brawl, rolling around in all the coats and knocking more coat stands over, our hands on each other's collars, trying hard to overpower one another.

We didn't realize how far gone we were. The expensive coats wrapped around us like a cocoon, keeping away the oxygen as our sweats dripped all over our intertwined bodies, leaving zero space between us. We were both struggling to breathe and Jaran had turned a rosy pink.

"Mmh Mmh," someone cleared their throat and we froze, widening our eyes in fear.

Slowly, we poked our heads out from under the heap of coats, looking towards the door. An elderly woman stood with a walking stick in hand and a big grin on her face stood, looking down at us.

"Khun Sampatisiri?" Jaran muttered.

I gasped at the mention of her name and shoved him off me. He recovered from my push quickly and joined me in struggling out of the heap of coats we were wrapped in. She remained still, watching us stumble and fall over ourselves numerous times, trying to stand.