Chapter Twenty-seven

THE NAT WAY

"Good job everyone, we will email you all your evaluation records," Khun Gamon concluded the second phase evaluations.

The conference room became rowdy with everyone taking their leave. Chairs screeching, quiet chatters from pleasantries being exchanged. I remained seated and quiet so no one would take notice of me and come up to say hello. It was clear that if I rose, my bulge would be exposed. It certainly was not in my plan to announce to a boardroom of my co-competitors and members of Sathorn global that I was turned on out of my mind. I fixed my gaze on the laptop, moving the cursor up and down aimlessly to appear busy. Ja was in a casual conversation with Khun Foei and I kept counting the minutes until everyone who remained—including them—were gone.

"Khun Kit," Khun Foei called and I turned to him, faking a smile. "Good job, see you in the next evaluation?"

I nodded as he exited the conference room, avoiding looking in Ja's direction. But, from the corner of my eyes, I could see him packing up his laptop in preparation to leave.

"Khun Kittisat, waiting for your husband, eh?" asked an executive, the others joined her in a laugh as they exited the conference room. I smiled back, lifting my hand to cover my face.

I was sure Ja was about to leave, Mongkut was the first out the door. Instead, he just came around and leaned against the table beside me, his scent worsening my situation.

"I guess I should be flattered."

"Mmh?" I replied not looking in his direction.

He breathed a soft laugh, putting down his bag, then took off his suit jacket and slid it over my lap, helping me hide my protruding erection. I exhaled, resting back into the seat as he sat next to me.

"I can wait with you for it to pass," he said calmly. "Or..." He lowered himself next to my cheek. "You could help yourself out."

"Here?" I turned my head to meet his dazzling eyes mere inches away from mine. "Very funny."

He giggled, leaning back. "Anyway, your clean air design with my tunnel design, what are your thoughts?"

"I have no idea how that would work. It seems doable, but I have to see the sketches, run it through multiple simulations—"

"What if I told you I kind of... already tested it out?"

"What? When?"

"A few days ago, you left your laptop on, and I took a quick peek. Are you mad at me?"

"No... a bit surprised. Why did you check?"

"I've been thinking, maybe we can work together. I spotted a few more works of mine that will benefit from your designs and vice versa, I think—"

The door flew open and Wut made an entrance.

"Wut? What are you doing here? You should be halfway across town on your homework date," I said, rolling my seat back, away from the tight closeness with Ja.

"We canceled, so I went over to Anong Industries instead. I need you to quickly sign some documents so I can head back," Wut explained, digging his hands into his briefcase and fishing out a folder.

"Why was the date canceled?" Ja asked.

"Because I'd say something, and she'd say something, then the next minute we're fighting in front of everyone." He slid the folder across the table. "I'm just tired of fighting."

"Maybe you both just need to get laid," I suggested, signing the documents and Ja snorted a laugh. "What is so funny, I am serious."

"We are not... umm..."