Chapter 81

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Naruto asks as he notices Kakashi with the woman, "Oh, yeah, by the way, Kakashi Sensei? Who's she?"

We glance at her as Sakura answers, "One of Sasuke's comrades."

""Was," I'm not anymore," She huffs, turning her head away.

Kakashi informs us, "I'm going to take her back to the village to question her

Kakashi informs us, "I'm going to take her back to the village to question her."

"Got it. Back to the Hidden Leaf Village then," Naruto mutters, starting to turn.

"Naruto, not that way," Says Kakashi.

"What are you talking about, Kakashi Sensei?" Naruto wants to know, pointing. "You said we were heading home, and the village is that way."

"We forgot something in The Land of Iron, right Sakura?" Kakashi reminds her.

I cock my head as she echoes, ""Forgot something"?" She gasps upon remembering.

"Kiba-kun snd the others," I think, deadpanning at the pinkette.

"We'd better go retrieve it, don't you think?" Asks Kakashi as Sakura looks away guiltily.

"Yeah."

"Forgot what? What's going on?" Asks Naruto dumbly. Before any of us could answer, shafts of wood suddenly sprout from beneath the blue eyed boy. They lift him up while forming a cage with trees sprouting from it. Sakura and I gape in shock. Is that Yamato?! When did he get here?! Naruto gulps as his cheeks bulge and drool leaks from his mouth. "I think I'm gonna hurl!" His gaze lands on Yamato across from us, on the bridge arch behind Kakashi, hands clasped in the Dragon hand sign.

"What do you think you're doing out here, Naruto?" Yamato wonders. He frowns. "You're supposed to go back to the village with me! And you made a hole in the inn's floor!" He then explains how Naruto substituted himself with a Shadow Clone and dug out through the in 's floor in order to sneak away from Yamato and get to us. Yamato didn't realise it until the Shadow Clone had actually poofed away. "You made me chase you and apologise to the innkeepers again!"

Naruto laughs sheepishly.

I defend my friend, gazing at him, "Naruto-kun arrived here just in the nick of time to save Sakura."

Kakashi finishes, gazing up at Yamato atop the bridge arch behind him, "But I guess you didn't send him over to help us out, huh?"

"No, of course not!" Snaps Yamato. "You ordered me to take him back to the village. I wouldn't disobey you! Heh!"

"I see," Says Kakashi as he closes his eye. "So basically Naruto outfoxed you and left you behind, is that it?"

"No!!" Yells Yamato defensively. He splitters for words. "Well, um..."

"It all worked out for the best, Yamato," I say, before turning serious. "If Naruto-kun hadn't come when he did, Sakura might be dead now. And perhaps me too."