Chapter 38

Kimiko's P. O. V:

"Kimiko... is that really you?" Breathes mum.

I nod as a sad smile tugs at my lips and I reply, "Yes. It's me, mum."

Asuma cuts in before the conversation could go any further, "Please go back. Just go back to your resting place... to that world where you belong."

"Go back, to what?" Questions the Mohawk guy, whom I'm assuming is Kitane. "We're no longer living. We belong to no world. However, since we have been brought back to this world, we must do... what we must do."

Asuma questions, "What you must do...?" He raises his chocolatey brown orbs to Kitane. "Listen, all of you!"

"I am sorry, Asuma," Kitane interrupts. "But we don't have time to wax nostalgia over this reunion."

Asuma gazes between Tou and the three males. He gasps in startling realisation, "No! You're not going to use Lime Light...?!"

I question, tilting my head, "What's Lime Light?"

Mum answers as the second female and two males apart from Kitane leap away, "It's a Lightning Style Jutsu involving four people. It will emit a beam of powerful lightning that can incinerate and entire village."

Asuma calls out after his retreating comrades, "Wait, Tou!" He jerks his head to the right. "Satou!" Behind Kitane. "Naoma!"

I say as I activate my Byakugan, "Sorry, mother, but I won't let you and the others harm this village! It's become my home, after all!" I was about to chase after the other three shinobi but both mum and Asuma block our path, arms held outward.

"Mum..." I murmur, trailing off.

Mum tells me, "I cannot let you do that, sweetheart. You should leave now, while you can, and let Asuma deal with me. I've no choice. We've been restored to life by Reanimation Jutsu, and we must obey the will of he who cast the Jutsu. We will kill anyone who interferes..."

She activates her own Byakugan and gets in her stance. I remember she'd told me she'd copied it from the head of the Hyuga clan back in the day, when they fought.

I don't back down as I get in my own stance. "I'm not going to back down. You're my mother, so it's my job to stop you. As a Jounin of the Hidden Leaf Village, it is my duty to protect it!"

Kitane takes out a bo staff and spins it in his hand as Asuma takes out his chakra blades. They light up with blue chakra.

"Then you leave me no choice," Says mum. Kitane slams his staff into the concrete, sending lightning straight for the Sarutobi, as mum and I run at each other with high speed.

I strike my fingers for mum's but she jerks her head to the side before thrusting her fingers for my left eye. I jerk my head back, narrowly avoiding her attack.