Chapter 69

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I glare up at Tobi from beside my boyfriend. We've been trying to land hits on him for hours but none of us have succeeded. He's just been toying with us.

Kakashi and I have our Sharingan activated to read the enemy's movements.

"Let's go, Akamaru!" Says Kiba.

The white ninja hound barks in agreement and they take off for the masked man.

"Yamato," Addresses Kakashi.

"Yes, Sir!" Yamato says I'm understanding before her does hand signs. Yamato then shoots out shafts of wood as Akamaru transforms into Kiba.

Tobi dodges the wooden shafts as Kiba shouts, "Fang Over Fang!" He and Akamaru drill through the air towards Tobi, followed by Naruto.

As Naruto makes a Shadow Clone, Tobi dodges Kiba and Akamaru.

"Rasengan!" Naruto thrusts the orb of chakra at Tobi. He goes right through.

"You're mine!" Shouts Yamato, crouching with both palms on the ground. Tobi dodges a wooden shaft from over his head.

"Huh?! Whoa?! What?!" Tobi dodges a few more before two shafts hold him down on either side of his neck. "I-I can't breathe!"

"I'm keeping you restrained like that!" Yamato tells him. Suddenly, Tobi drops down from between the shafts, startling Yamato. "Impossible!"

Tobi reappears upside down under another branch, hand to the side of his head as he shakes it slowly. Tobi tells us, "I'm really flexible, you see? Now to fight back! Hidden Jutsu!" Tobi claps his hands in the Snake sign.

Kakashi cslls, throwing out his arm, "Retreat! Naruto, Kiba!" Both males jump away and Kiba lands beside me.

"Frill Necked Lizard!" Tobi chimes, letting his black and red cloud printed cloak drop down around him. We all gape at him, silently wondering what the hell kind of Jutsu is that as we wait for something to happen. Tobi rubs his head sheepishly. "That's all there is to this Jutsu!"

Naruto growls out, "He's toying with us..."

Yamato mumbles, "This formation didn't work either. He skilfully dodged all of our attacks."

"Kakashi Sensei," Utters Hinata.

"Yeah... I know," Says Kakashi.

Kiba asks, "Naruto, our formation attack was timed dead on, right?"

"Yeah..."

"He should've taken a direct hit. So was he able to evade it?!"

Naruto muses, looking away, "We probably did hit him."

"Huh?" Kiba utters, glancing to him.

"It was the same when I first attacked him with my Rasengan," Naruto continues. "I was sure I hit him."

"In other words, he made it look like he evaded it, when in actuality he allowed you and your Jutsu to slip right through his body," Shino inputs. "Is that what you're saying, Naruto?"

"Huh? Ummm..." Naruto mumbles, trailing off.

"Geez, Shino! It's hard to grasp what you're trying to say!" Kiba complains.

Sakura guesses, "Maybe it's a Clone... or some sort of Genjutsu that makes you see illusions or visions?"

"I-I thought so too so I used my Byakugan to increase my field of vision and checked the chakra," Hinata speaks up. "The only chakra I detected is the one where he is."