Chapter 53

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Choji says gratefully, "Thanks for the support..."

"Sakura... Sai... and Naruto," Ino says, smiling. The pinkette glances at us over her shoulder as she smiles and gives a nod. Sai smiles as well.

"It's about time," I say, smirking. "You're almost like Kakashi Sensei."

Yamato glances at the silverette before looking ahead and saying, "I've never seen you this beat."

"Sorry about that," Kakashi utters. He's also lost his headband at some point.

"This enemy... must be pretty strong."

"More strange people," Says Kakuzu. He gazes at Naruto. "And he is pretty messed up already..."

Ino, Choji and I notice the bruises and scratches on Naruto's body.

I ask, "Naruto, are you okay?"

Naruto only asks the Akimichi, "Where is Shikamaru?"

"He's a little ways off fighting the other enemy," Choji responds.

Kakashi orders our backup, "I want two of you to head towards Shikamaru. Preferably a long-distance fighter and a medic." Sai and Sakura meet each other's gazes and give a nod of understanding.

Swiftly, i do hand signs and place my palm on the ground. With a poof of smoke, Akai appears.

"Leave it to me," Says the pretty red wolf.

Yamato orders my teammates, "Sai and Sakura, follow Akai's lead and support Shikamaru!"

"Yes!" They both answer.

Kakuzu questions, "Hah! What's an unorganised gang trying to do? Now they're more hearts for me to choose from."

Naruto takes a step forward. He says, "From here on, this one's mine."

"Naruto..." The platinum blonde girl whispers.

"We're off!" Akai announces.

"Naruto, I leave it to you!" Sakura tells him. Without glancing at her, Naruto gives a nod. She, Sai and Akai take off. My gaze lingers on Naruto's injured hand.

I ask with a gasp, "Did you complete it...?"

Yamato glances at me before looking ahead and answering, "No... only about 50 percent." Naruto clenches his teeth.

"I see..."

"But..." Naruto puts his hands in his signature hand sign. "Well, just watch. Naruto is not the same person he used to be."

"Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu," Naruto says and two copies appear on either side of him.

"Multiple Shadow Clones..." The green eyed man muses. "I see... you are the Nine Tails Jinchuuriki."

Yamato asks, "What's the situation and the enemy's power?"

Kakashi answers, "The enemy is two Akatsuki. As I said it before, Shikamaru is fighting one of them... and the other one is in front of us. This guy has the power to split. Those two masks on the shoulders split from the torso. Each mask has a separate heart and moves independently. He originally had five hearts. He lost two and has only three now."

Yamato questions, glancing back at the silverette, "What do you mean?"

"I've killed him twice already. We need to kill him three more times to finish him off. Plus, he's an intermediate distance fighter and can use multiple change in chakra natures."

"Naruto!" Yamato calls.

"I heard it!" He says, charging forwards with his clones.

"Naruto!" Choji yells warningly.