Chapter 65

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I see a familiar pillar of chakra from the cliff and knew it was Yukimaru as Kakashi and I dodge some of Narari's arms.

Kakashi says as Yamato rushes up to us, "Yamato, restrain it with your Wood Style. Let Kimiko and I get one clear shot."

"Got it!" Yamato says just as we dodge another gooey arm. We land and Yamato crouches as he places his hand on the surface of the water. Shafts of wood shoot out and bind the gooey monster.

"Lightning Blade!" Kakashi and I shout as we run at it with lightning crackling in our hands. Before we could even plunge our Jutsus into Narari, a huge shadow falls over us, causing Kakashi and I to stop short and look up.

The Three Tails was launching itself into the air above us.

Kakashi and I whirl around and the electricity fades as we dive into the water for coverage. We swim back to our teammates before the beast crushes Narari.

When we resurface and run along the water a bit, Yamato says, "Kakashi..."

"I know," He says in understanding with a nod, glancing at the Three Tails. He turns back to our teammates as he adds, "Find the Sealing Team and make sure they're okay!"

Tenten and the others agree as the Three Tails reaches the cliff Yukimaru is on. We all then split off in search of the Sealing Team. The Three Tails suddenly fire a ball of water and it hits a bunch of trees before it fires again, towards the side of the lake, creating a tsunami.

The Three Tails just keeps firing out of control. Did something happen to Yukimaru?!

The Three Tails is now crawling along the bank.

It took awhile, but eventually, we manage to find Shizune, Ino, Sakura and Hinata and we take them back to the wooden house that Yamato had made. We made no other contact with the Three Tails.

It had disappeared back into the lake.

                        🗡🗡🗡

The setting sun casts its orange glow over the lake and forest as we heal each other back in the house.

I heal Ino's wound which causes her to cry out in pain. I say gently, "Bear with me. This oughtta ease the pain a little bit."

She says gratefully, "Thanks a lot, Kimi." The teal blue eyed girl gives me a closed eye smile.

The Three Tails had disappeared because Naruto had used a collaboration Jutsu with his toad summonings. Rinji turned about to be Kabuto in the end, and Guren had sacrificed herself to defeat the creep, Rinji, by crystallising herself with him. They'd ended up falling into the lake, though, which was how Yukimaru lost control of his powers.

"This wound is deep," I think as it closes. "There's only so much I can do here..."

"Kimi-chan." I look up to see Naruto and Sakura beside us, the blonde rubbing his head before dropping his hand. "How's Yukimaru doing?"

I answer, "Shizune's in the other room, tending to him right now." We gaze towards the closed sliding doors where the Jounin and fuschia eyed boy were. Hinata was in there, assistant Shizune.

I finish healing Ino's arm. Shizune, Kakashi, Yamato and Hinata come out of the room a few minutes later and Naruto, Sakura and I go up to them.

"Well, Shizune? How is he?" Prompts Naruto.

Shizune turns from the doors to reply, voice solemn, "All I can tell you is that he'll live. At the moment, he's sleeping." Naruto breathes in relief. He, Sakura and I exchange glances before we enter the room. Sakura closes the doors as Naruto and I sit beside Yukimaru.