336: She couldn't understand

December 2nd - Prompt: Confusion

----------

The second Peter stepped down off the train he was nearly knocked to the ground, by none other than his little sister.

Lucy had wrapped her arms around his waist and latched on to him, a huge grin on her face which was buried against Peter's shirt.

Peter couldn't help but chuckle gently, stepping to the side so other people had room to get off the train before placing his suitcase down and hugging Lucy tightly. "Missed me have you?" He teased gently.

Lucy nodded, pulling away. "I hate when you go away." She grumbled.

Peter ruffled her hair, chuckling gently, before Edmund appeared beside him.

Lucy turned to her other brother, her face lighting up again, and she ran at him.

Peter held his breath... Edmund had gotten so, so much worse during his first term at boarding school, his behaviour was becoming ridiculous, as was his every day mood, so Peter was a little worried to see how he'd react to his sister.

Just as Peter had expected, the second Lucy went to hug Edmund she was pushed away.

Edmund muttered something no one heard under his breath, before heading off towards where their Mum was stood at the back of the station.

Lucy stared after him, and the confusion and sadness on her face broke Peter's heart, and he made a note to have a serious word with Edmund later.

In the meantime though he sighed a little and placed a hand gently on Lucy's shoulder, when she looked up at him, silently asking for an answer.

"I'll talk to him Lu," Peter mumbled, trying to sound reassuring. "He hasn't been himself this term."

Lucy looked slightly worried at this, but nodded her head, chewing on her bottom lip as she slipped her hand into Peter's.

Peter picked up his suitcase and smiled at his sister. "Come on, I wanna see Mum." He said. "And then we can head back home."

Lucy nodded a little, but she was still extremely upset about the way Edmund had acted towards her, and she just couldn't understand what had gotten in to him...

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆