312: Do you like them?

November 8th - Prompt: Flowers

----------

"Come on Lucy, let your Mum sleep."

A five year old Lucy glanced up at her Dad, frowning. "Is she not well?" She asked curiously as John shut their bedroom door.

"I'm afraid not." He told her. "But she'll be fine in a few days okay?"

Lucy nodded slowly, staring at the closed door.

"How about you go outside and play for an hour before tea?" Her Dad suggested.

Lucy seemed to cheer up at this, and quickly nodded, heading downstairs and outside, where Edmund was laying on his stomach on the grass, a book open in front of him.

"What you doing?" She asked, heading over to join him.

"Reading." Edmund told her, not taking his eyes off the words of his story.

Lucy stared at him for a moment, before sighing. "Mum's not well." She mumbled.

Edmund glanced at her, frowning. "She's not?" He asked.

Lucy shook her head, before spotting something. "I know!" She said happily. "I'll pick her some flowers to help her feel better."

With that she stood up and wandered over to a little clump of daisies, picking six and running back into the house, not even saying anything else to her brother.

She managed to sneak past her Dad and up to her Mum, who she was happy to find sat up in bed reading.

"Hello Lucy." She whispered. "You okay?"

Lucy walked hesitantly across the room and stood at the side of the bed. "Daddy said you weren't feeling well," She said. "So I picked these for you."

Helen stared at the small flowers for a moment before smiling softly. "That's sweet of you." She breathed, before patting the bed beside her.

Lucy hopped on and placed the flowers on the bedside table. "Do you like them?" She questioned.

Helen smiled at her, nodding her head and grabbing her hand. "I love them." She murmured. "Thank you."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡