215: The wardrobe

August 3rd - Prompt: The end

------------

Susan took a deep, shaky breath as she sat on the train.

If there had been a choice she definitely wouldn't of travelled this way, not after what happened, but a train was the only way, and she needed to get there, more than she probably even knew.

The journey passed slowly, Susan hardly moving where she was sat the whole way, before she was left at a deserted train station, in the middle of nowhere, alone.

But she was used to being alone by now...

With a sigh, she gripped her bag and headed off down the path.

If she was honest it was a nice walk, she did like the countryside after all, but it was over too quickly for her liking, and before she knew it she was stood, staring at the house, her heart now pounding a little harder.

She eventually made her way up to the front door, hesitantly unlocking it with the key she had.

The door swung open with a loud creek, and all she did was stand on the doorstep, wondering whether or not this had been a bad idea.

It took her a whole two minutes to eventually stepped into the house, and after that she didn't stop walking until she was upstairs and stood outside an old, wooden door.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and slowly peered inside, pain overwhelming her when she caught sight of the wardrobe, stood there just like it had been all those years before.

Carefully and quietly, she walked into the room, stopping only a few steps from the wardrobe.

She didn't know what to do for ages, and she started questioning why on earth she had come here in the first place.

But after a while of staring at the patterns on the doors, she broke.

She sunk to her knees on the floor, dropping her bag so it fell on its side, her sisters Bible toppling out too.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, and before he knew it she was full on sobbing, covering her face with her hands.

"I - I'm so sorry." She whispered, voice cracking. "Please forgive me, I am so - so sorry..."

"And to this day I am never sure if the light that came from inside the wardrobe was just my imagination, or if it was-"

"Aslan!"

Susan smiled gently at her daughter, chuckling softly. "Or if it was Aslan." She said with a nod. "But there you go, The End."

Her daughter giggled. "I like your stories." She said, before running off to find her brother and sister.

Susan watched her go, before slowly sitting on the edge of the bed. "Oh Emma." She whispered. "It wasn't just a story."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡