305: A rough night

November 1st - Prompt: Hot Chocolate

----------

"Is Ed not awake?" Susan asked as Peter joined her and Lucy at the breakfast table.

Peter sighed. "He's not well at all." He mumbled.

Susan frowned deeply. "Since when?" She asked, sounding worried.

"I've been up with him all night," Peter told her. "He's been throwing up a lot and has a burning temperature."

"Oh dear..." Susan murmured.

"He seems to of stopped being sick." Peter muttered. "But he's still not great."

"I'm surprised you left him." Sussn said with a small, teasing smile.

"He's fast asleep, Tumnus is with him." Peter breathed. "He made me come down and get some breakfast."

"Well good." Susan said firmly. "It's no good you making yourself ill as well."

Peter nodded slowly, before he began eating.

"Can I go up and see Ed?" Lucy asked when she'd finished.

Peter smiled at her. "Yeah I don't see why not." He murmured.

Lucy nodded slowly. "I was thinking of making him a hot chocolate?" She suggested. "He enjoys one when he's not well."

Peter hesitated. "I dunno Lu, you can try him with it." He said. "But don't be offended if he can't drink it, he's had a rough night."

Lucy seemed okay with this, and headed off into the kitchens to make her brother his favourite drink, adding cream and marshmallows to finish it off.

She headed quickly up to Edmund's room, finding Tumnus at her brothers bedside. He left the two alone though, giving Lucy a soft smile, before Lucy wandered over, placing the mug on the bedside table.

"Edmund?" She whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Edmund took a deep breath, his eyes flickering open. He stared at Lucy for a while, before smiling gently. "Hey." He whispered.

Lucy did her best to smile back, despite how sad she was feeling. "Hey." She murmured. "You feeling okay?"

Edmund swallowed hard. "I'll be okay." He reassured her. "It's just a bug."

Lucy nodded a little, biting her lip. "I made you some hot chocolate..." She said slowly. "But I understand if you can't drink it, Peter said you've been sick."

Edmund sighed, but smiled at his sister again. "I'll try it." He told her. "After all, you were kind enough to make it for me."

Lucy looked a little guilty. "You don't have to if you don't want to." She said quickly.

Edmund shook his head, laughing weakly. "I do Lu, I'll try it okay?" He told her.

"Okay." Lucy whispered.

"Thanks Lu." Edmund murmured, taking hold of her hand and squeezing tightly. "Really."

Lucy smiled, cheering up at the look on Edmund's face. "It's okay." She breathed, before turning to grab Edmund the mug.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆