264: His brothers blood - Part 1

September 21st - Prompt: Tears

-----------

Edmund pounded on the cell door, his hands sore and even bleeding, but he didn't stop. "Leave him alone!" He screamed, voice cracking as he blinked back the tears in his eyes. "Stop it! Please stop!"

Another quiet cry reached his ears, and his heart broke.

It had taken them absolutely ages to break Peter, but eventually he wasn't able to keep back his cries, and Edmund was stuck in the cell, unable to do anything to help.

He felt utterly useless, but froze when he heard footsteps.

He pulled himself together and took a few steps back, holding his breath when the cell door was unlocked and pushed open, revealing a guard.

"What have you done to my brother!" Edmund growled.

The guard chuckled, nodding towards the open door. "Follow me." He ordered. "If you wanna see your brother."

Edmund took a sharp intake of breath, but followed behind the guard, his heart pounding as he walked.

He was led down two corridors, before being led into a different room, where he was shoved forward, the door slamming behind him.

He glanced around, and almost immediately spotted Peter, sat in the corner of the room, slumped against the wall, half conscious and blood covering his face and bare chest.

Edmund didn't hesitate, he only rushed over, falling to his knees beside his older brother. "Peter?" He choked out.

Peter's eyes flickered a little, before he took a deep breath. "Ed." He whispered, voice slurred. "Hey... you okay?"

Edmund would've laughed if he wasn't so upset. "I'm absolutely fine." He murmured, just to reassure him, before sighing. "Are you?"

Now that he was closer, he could see the blood was from multiple whip lashes crisscrossing his chest, and there were also multiple slashes across his stomach which Edmund guessed were made by a knife. He also guessed there were definitely injuries he couldn't see, possibly on his back, and very possibly multiple broken bones... ribs specifically.

Peter forced a tight smile at Edmunds question. "I'm okay." He whispered.

Edmund didn't dare tell Peter that he'd heard his screaming, so only shook his head. "You're not." He whispered.

Peter swallowed hard, trying to be strong. "Don't worry." He murmured, trying to sit himself up, but failing miserably, hissing through clenched teeth.

Edmund placed a hand gently on his shoulder, sighing. "Don't, Pete." He breathed. "Just stay still."

Peter sighed but did as Edmund had said, remaining slumped against the wall.

"As sweet as this reunion is-"

Edmund swung around, facing who he guessed was Peter's torturer.

"I didn't call you in here to reunite the two of you."

Edmund glared at him. "You monster." He spat. "How dare you-"