213: I give up

August 1st - Prompt: Broken glass

---------------

"You're still burning up."

Peter sighed. "I've got so much to do." He grumbled. "I can't get sick."

Edmund snorted.  "Tough, you're already sick." He said. "Very sick, your temperature is through the roof, you're hot to the touch Peter, and I'll bet you anything you've got a headache and you feel sick."

Peter only stared at him, not saying anything but not looking happy, which easily told Edmund that he had been right.

"You are not to move from this bed do you hear me?" Edmund said to his brother, pulling the blanket up right to his chin.

Peter rolled his eyes. "Who put you in charge all of a sudden?" He muttered.

"You when you got sick." Edmund pointed out.

Peter raised an eyebrow. "If I can't be in charge, then next is Susan." He said. "She should be in charge." 

"Susan's not here." Edmund said simply. "Which means I'm in charge, besides, do you really want Susan to be in charge whilst you're sick?"

Peter thought on this for a moment, before shaking his head. "She'd drive me up the wall." He admitted. "I know she means well but she can be as bad as Mum could sometimes."

Edmund laughed. "So can you, believe it or not." He said. "I'm just glad that I'm not the one who's sick."

Peter glared at him, before sighing. "My head hurts." He grumbled.

Edmund sighed. "I know." He murmured. "I'll go and get a bowl of cold water and a cloth okay? Wait here."

"I don't think I could go anywhere if I wanted to." Peter muttered under his breath as Edmund headed to the bathroom.

It didn't take long to fill up a bowl with freezing water, and he quickly dug through the cupboard to find a cloth.

He was just reaching for the door handle when he heard a smash, and frowned as he quickly headed back into the bedroom.

He spotted Peter, staring at the floor with a small frown on his face.

"What happened?" Edmund asked, heading over.

"Stay there Ed." Peter grumbled weakly. "I dropped my glass."

Edmund spotted the broken glass scattered across the floor and smirked. "Only you." He murmured.

Peter rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah." He muttered, laying back down again with a sigh. "I only wanted a drink."

"Give me a second to clean this up and I'll get you another one." Edmund told him, placing the bowl and cloth on the bedside table before kneeling down to clean up the shattered glass.

Everything was fine for a while, before Edmund slit his finger open on one of the shards, hissing in pain before he could stop himself.

Peter quickly turned his head at the noise, and his eyes went wide when he saw Edmunds bleeding finger. "Ed!" He cried. "What did you do?!"

Edmund sighed, grabbing the cloth and wrapping it around his finger. "It'll be okay." He mumbled.

"Go see a healer." Peter said quickly. "They'll be able to patch you up."

Edmund shook his head. "No Peter." He sighed. "It's fine, it's just a small cut."

"Small?" Peter almost laughed. "Your finger was covered in blood by the time I looked!"

"Because I cut it open on glass." Edmund pointed out as he continued to clean up the rest.

Peter collapsed back onto the bed, not having the strength anymore. "I give up with you." He muttered.

Edmund grinned. "Oh thank Aslan." He said happily. "The day has finally come, I'm free!"

Peter rolled his eyes. "You're impossible." He said.

Edmund nodded. "I agree." He said, before standing, a hand full of glass. "I'll get a brush to sweep up the little bits, but I've got the big bits."

Peter glanced at him. "Please go see a healer." He mumbled. "You don't want me to get even more sick because I'm worrying about you do you?"

Edmund glared at him. "Fine." He muttered eventually. "But seriously, guilt-tripping me, that's how it is?"

Peter smirked. "Oh yeah." He breathed.

"You want me to go now, or?"

Peter raised an eyebrow. "No," He said. "I want you to wait until your finger drops off, and then go."

Edmund didn't look impressed. "It's not gonna drop off." He grumbled, throwing the glass in the bin.  "I'll find a brush at the same time, just don't get up and cut your feet."

Peter nodded. "I won't." He whispered.

"You'll be alright for half an hour?" Edmund checked, sounding a little worried.

Peter chuckled gently. "I'll be fine." He told him. "Now go."

Edmund nodded slowly, before heading for the door. "See you in a minute then." He breathed.

Peter nodded. "See you in a minute."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡