330: Heat stroke - Part One

November 26th - Prompt: Sun

----------

"It's so warm in here..." Edmund mumbled, trying to fan himself with his hand as he sat against the wall, glaring at the bared door ahead of him.

Peter nodded, wiping sweat from his forehead as he paced the cell. "That sun is murder." He grumbled, staring at the tiny window above which allowed the sun to shine through into the cell, and he almost wished there was no window at all, as he might've preffered a dark, cold cell than this.

Edmund sighed, before growling low in his throat and pulling his shirt off. "We need to find a way out of here." He muttered. "It's too hot."

Peter stared at his brother for a moment, before turning back to the cell door, and all of a sudden kicking it as hard as he could.

Edmund raised an eyebrow when it did absolutely nothing, before running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, that's not gonna work." He muttered.

Peter sighed, walking over to sit next to his brother, nodding a little as he did. "Yeah I know." He mumbled.

Edmund hesitated. "Do you even have any idea where we are?" He asked quietly.

Peter only shook his head. "A long way from Narnia." He murmured.

Edmund bit his lip, and opened his mouth to say something in reply, only to stop dead when he heard the key in the lock and the door swung open.

Peter immediately stood, Edmund rising behind him, but he allowed Peter to stand in front of him, knowing it was what he always did in situations like these.

A man stepped into the room a second later, and after taking a few steps forward, he pointed straight at Edmund. "You're to come with me." He muttered.

Peter reacted before Edmund could, quickly taking a step forward. "Why?" He demanded.

The man shrugged. "Just following orders." He said. "I'm to take him to the courtyard, that is all you need to know."

There was silence for ages before the gaurd huffed. "If you don't come peacefully, I'll hurt you both." He snapped.

Edmund stepped forward at this. "No," He said quickly. "Don't touch Peter, I'll come."

"Edmund-"

"I'll be fine, Peter." Edmund said, staring at his brother. "Just let me go, I'll be okay."

Peter had a battle in his mind, but eventually nodded, after all, the guard would find a way to get Edmund either way.

Peter held his breath until the two had left the cell and the door was locked, before he ran over to the small window, standing on his tiptoes so he had a good view of the courtyard.

He waited a few minutes, before he saw Edmund pushed out into the courtyard and over to a short pillar, where his hands were tied together and the rope tied to the pillar.

He was forced to his knees, before the guard just left him, alone in the middle of the courtyard.

Peter stood there for half an hour, just waiting for something to happen... but nothing did, Edmund was just left there.