261: If you die...

September 18th - Prompt: Been here all along

------------

Back then, you walked me to school
Told me to be careful and I followed the rules...

-------------

"Hold my hand Ed."

Edmund glanced up at his brother, frowning.

"Mum said you have to." Peter reminded him.

A four year old Edmund sighed, but nodded, taking hold of his older brothers hand.

"Are you excited?" Peter asked, trying to keep up with Edmund.

Edmund grinned. "Yes." He said happily.

Peter chuckled softly. "Just remember to be on your best behaviour okay?" He said. "Be nice, and polite, and you'll get along just fine."

"I will, don't worry." Edmund replied.

"Well good, because if you do, Mum gave us some money for ice cream on the way home." Peter told him.

This cheered Edmund up even more, but the closer they got to the school, the more quiet he became, until they were outside the gates, when he refused to let go of Peter's hand.

"You'll be just fine Ed." Peter reassured him. "And I'll come and find you at lunch, yeah?"

Edmund bit his lip, before slowly nodding.

"You're going to have so much fun." Peter said with a chuckle. "Give it half an hour and you'll forget you were ever nervous."

Edmund sighed. "I hope you're right." He muttered.

Peter smiled. "Go on," He breathed, placing a quick, decreet kiss to the side of Edmund's head. "I'll see you later."

-------------

Fast forward, you taught me to drive
You gave me the keys and we went for a ride

----------------

"Remind me again why I'm doing this?" Peter murmured as he and Edmund left the house.

"You promised you'd teach me." Edmund told him. "And now I'm 17, so you have to keep that promise."

Peter smirked. "As long as you don't crash." He said.

"I'm not gonna crash." Edmund muttered, opening the car door. "You got the keys?"

Peter chucked his brother the keys over the top of the car, before climbing in and sitting on the passenger seat.

"Right," Edmund said when he was sat down. "Dad's shown me the basics, now all I've gotta do is just drive it."

Peter gripped the edges of his seat, looking absolutely terrified.

"You've faced monsters and witches before Peter," Edmund muttered. "And you're scared of me driving a car."

"I know what you're like." Peter grumbled.

Edmund smirked. "If you die, you get to say I told you so." He told him.

Peter raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah," He breathed. "Okay."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆