257: Heaven

September 14th - Prompt: Neverland

---------

The old women smiled gently as she placed flowers down on three graves, each lined up next to each other and in perfect condition, especially since they had been there for many years.

She placed poppy's on one, red roses on another, and sunflowers on the last, before sitting down in the grass in front, slowly though, she wasn't that active anymore. After all, being in your 80s was bound to take a toll on you.

She sat there for a while, before she noticed a little girl watching her.

The girl had wondered off from her parents by the looks of it, so the women turned to her and smiled gently. "You wanna sit?" She asked.

The girl, who couldn't of been any older than ten, slowly shook her head, but did open her mouth. "I'm sorry, for your loss." She said quietly, nodding at the graves.

The old woman smiled, finding it adorable how sweet the small girl was, and she immediately pinned her as being quite a curious girl, she knew the signs, after all she'd known someone who had been rather curious.

She nodded. "It happened a long time ago." She replied.

"Who - who was it?"

The old women took a deep breath. "It was my siblings." She replied quietly.

The little girl instantly look upset. "I have a brother, a little brother." She said.

The women smiled. "I had a little brother too, and a big brother." She said softly.

"I want a big brother." The girl pointed out, before biting her lip. "Do you miss them?"

"Every day." The women replied. "But I've made peace with the fact that I'm going to see them again one day, and one say soon at that."

The little girl frowned. "How?" She wondered.

The women chuckled. "Well they're in heaven." She said.

"Heaven exists?"

"It does."

The girl stared at her for a moment. "Okay..." She said slowly.

The women waited a moment. "Do you get along with your brother?" She asked.

The girl nodded. "Most of the time." She said. "Sometimes he is annoying though."

The woman laughed. "Brother's can be like that." She agreed.

"Were yours annoying?"

The woman laughed. "They had their moments." She said. "Me and my sister definitely needed a break from them sometimes. But for the most part we all got along, you see, we had our own secret world we visited."

The girl perked up at this, smiling a little. "Like Neverland?" She asked, sounding hopeful.

The woman nodded. "I guess it was a little like Neverland yes." She agreed.

"Me and my brother play that all the time." The girl explained.

"It is good fun." The woman said with a soft smile.

The girl smiled again. "I should head back." She said.

"Well it was lovely to meet you." The women told her. "Perhaps we'll meet again."

The girl nodded. "I hope so." He said, before all but skipping away back to her parents who were leaving the graveyard.

Susan watched her go, before turning slowly back to the three graves. "I'll be with you all soon." She whispered. "And I can't wait to see you again."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡