293: It was Edmund's idea

October 20th - Prompt: Strawberries

----------

"You looking for something?"

Susan turned as Peter wandered into the kitchens, trying to adjust his crown so it sat straight on his head, and eventually succeeding. "Yes," She murmured. "The Strawberries."

Peter frowned. "Strawberries?" He questioned.

"Well yeah," Susan replied. "I set them aside for our picnic today. I picked them yesterday, washed them, and but them away."

Peter shrugged. "Well, I haven't touched them." He said.

"Edmund said he's gonna be a few minutes and then we can go." Lucy announced, wandering into the kitchens with a smile on her face.

"We're not going anywhere until I find the Strawberries." Susan told her.

Lucy looked a little confused for a moment. "The Strawberries?" She mumbled.

"Yeah," Peter spoke up. "She picked them for today and now they're gone."

Lucy nodded slowly, before taking a deep breath. "Well um, I'm gonna go wait with Edmund." She said quickly, turning around to leave.

"Lu stop." Susan said suddenly.

Lucy froze, but slowly turned around to face her older sister.

Susan stared at her for a moment. "You don't happen to know what happened to them do you?" She asked.

Lucy hesitated, and was silent for a long time, before she sighed. "It was Edmunds idea!" She cried. "We both got hungry last night, he found the Strawberries."

Susan sighed. "Of course." She muttered. "I should've known."

Peter shook his head in amusement. "It doesn't matter," He said gently. "We don't need Strawberries, let's just go and have a nice day."

"But they were really nice Strawberries." Susan muttered almost to herself as the three left the kitchens.

They met up with Edmund in the corridor and Lucy quickly grabbed his arm. "Careful, Susan knows we ate her Strawberries." She whispered, nodding ahead at her sister who was walking ahead talking with Peter.

Edmund bit his lip. "Whoops." He murmured, before smiling. "If it helps her, they really were delicious."

Lucy only giggled.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆