237: I got in

August 25th - Prompt: University

-----------

"I'm sure you've gotten in."

Peter glanced up at his Mum, looking beyond nervous as his siblings crowded round, all staring at the envelope in Peter's hand.

"Come on Pete." Edmund said excitedly, after all he had every faith in Peter, already knowing he'd even accepted. "Open it."

Peter sighed. "I'm nervous." He admitted. "What if I'm not good enough for Cambridge."

Edmund snorted. "They'd be idiots if they don't accept you." He told him. "Now come on, open the letter."

Peter stared at him, before sighing, and as quickly as he could, opening the envelope.

He unfolded the paper, scanning the writing, before sitting heavily down on the sofa.

"So?" Susan asked, all but holding her breath.

Peter swallowed hard, before grinning. "I got in." He all but laughed.

Edmund let out a whoop of joy, Susan beamed at her brother, and Lucy clapped her hands, Helen coming over to sit beside her eldest Son and pull him into a hug. "All that hard work payed off." She murmured.

Peter laughed in disbelief. "Wow." He breathed. "I - I was not expecting that."

"I was." Edmund snorted.

Peter smiled up at him, not saying anything before looking back down at the letter, shaking his head slowly. "Wow."

☆☆☆

"You reckon I've gotten in?" Susan asked, gripping an envelope in her hands.

Peter smiled. "Oxford would be an idiot if they didn't accept you." He told her.

"Pretty sure I said that about Cambridge with you." Edmund pointed out, speaking to his brother.

"If I remember correctly, yes you did." Peter chuckled. "Go on Su, open it up, I'm sure they've given you a place."

Susan took a deep breath, and after a reassuring smile from Lucy and her Mum, she ripped open the envelope, unfolding it with shaking hands.

Everyone held their breaths, until Susan let hers out shakily. "Oh thank God." She breathed, smiling.

"Ha ha!" Peter grinned. "Told you."

Susan smiled at him. "I got in." She said happily. "I'm going to Oxford."

And then of all things, Susan burst into happy tears, making Peter chuckle and pull her close, muttering "silly" before placing a kiss to the top of her head.

☆☆☆

"This is more nerve racking than I thought." Edmund muttered, staring at the envelope with his name on it.

"It's not great is it?" Peter agreed. "But don't worry, you've gotten in. You're the smartest person I know Ed, you smashed college, there's no reason for them not to let you in."

Edmund gave him a small smile of thanks, before looking back down at the letter.

"Go on Ed." Lucy said gently. "Open it."

Edmund glanced at her, before smiling and opening up the letter, aware of his brother's, Sister's and Mum's eyes on him.

He read the letter quickly, before laughing. "I got in." He breathed, looking beyond happy.

Peter too laughed. "I told you so." He teased, but he looked immensely proud of his little brother.

"Yay!" Lucy said happily, clapping her hands and hugging her Mum.

"I'm off to Cambridge I guess." Edmund breathed, but pulled a face when Peter hugged him. "Peter!" He groaned.

"What, I can't be proud of my little brother?" Peter asked, if anything his hug getting tighter.

"Do you have to hug me like this?" Edmund muttered.

"Yes." Peter replied simply, before grinning and, just to annoy Edmund more, placing a kiss to the top of his head.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
In England, you usually go to University at age 18, which is why Lucy's not in this, because, well... she was only 17 when, ya know... 🥺