263: You saved my life

September 20th - Prompt: Because of you

-----------

Peter winced when Edmund was thrown to the floor, swallowing hard at the gasp that escaped his lips as his forehead collided with a rock, leaving him half conscious with blood rolling down his face.

"Pathetic traitor." The man muttered, turning to sharpen his knife as if he hadn't just almost knocked out a thirteen year old.

"Hey!" Peter snapped, pulling against the ropes that were tied around his wrists, the other end tied around a tree branch, leaving him standing a little way away. "You call him that one more time and I swear you won't live to see tomorrow's sunrise."

Edmund groaned at this, coming back around a bit more after his knock to the head, and Peter watched as he took a few deep breaths.

The man only laughed at Peter's threat. "I will be letting you go," He breathed. "After all I don't need the crime of high treason on my shoulders, don't you worry. But I will be having some fun before I set you free."

Peter took a deep breath, unsure what he meant...

If he was honest, this was the first time he himself had been kidnapped, so he didn't really know what to expect.

Edmund had been kidnapped twice since he was crowned, both by the witches followers seeking revenge.

The first time had been not even a month after the witch had been killed, but he had been rescued with nothing more than a scratch and a few bruises.

The second time was more recent, perhaps two months ago? That time he had been extremely hurt, so much so that Peter was worrying for his life whilst bringing him home... but he tried not to think about those few days too much.

He was pulled from his thoughts when the man walked over to Edmund, pulling the young Kings shirt over his head, leaving him groaning and shivering a little, and in all honesty, it was rather cold.

"Here's how this is gonna work." The man announced, unhooking a whip from his belt, an evil grin spread across his scarred face.  "If you-" He pointed at Peter. "Don't do as I ask you, this knife-" He held up the knife in his other hand. "Will find its way into your brothers chest. Do I make myself clear?"

Peter slowly nodded, his heart pounding... Where was he going with this?

"And I won't hesitate to do it if you step one toe out of line." The man added. "Now don't move."

Peter stood frozen to the spot as the man walked over and untied him, keeping his knife against his neck so he couldn't try anything, before pushing him over to stand at Edmunds feet.

Peter stared down at his brother, who was still laying on his stomach, clearly having fairly recovered from the knock to his head, and clearly very aware of what was going on... but clearly deciding it would not be a good idea to move.

The man left Peter standing at his brother's feet, before walking around to stand by his head, gripping his knife in his hand, clearly ready to use, easily, if needs be.

Peter stood there, waiting, until the man held out his whip... towards him.

"Ten lashes." The man murmured, smirking. "And then I'll let you both go."