17 ... !nterfere

friday
knights
17

☊ | track thirteen—beauty in death

"AGAIN, SORRY YOUR TEAM DIDN'T WIN," looking over at Kaz as he drove with one hand, he shook his head. "Don't worry about it. I've suffered losses before. Kinda feels like I still won though," He briefly looked at Amira making her roll her eyes playfully and look down at her lap. Clearing her throat, she reached for the radio and decided music would loosen her up a bit. Switching through the stations, she made a distasteful sound at each bland song that came on.

"Not your cup of tea huh?" Kaz chuckled while digging in the center console blindly. Amira switched the radio completely off, flopping back on against the seat.

"Those songs were so trash and I get why. No one listens to the radio anymore," She scoffed just as he pulled out an aux cord. "My uncle does. Every morning in the kitchen before work. He mostly listens to 60's music because he says it gets his mind going."

"And he thinks 60's music helps?"

"I find most 60's music calm. It helped me study my last year of high school," He shrugged and Amira shrugged. Everyone had their own cup of tea filled to the brim with different things and different opinions. She preferred music from the '90s to today. She'd dabble and dip a toe or two in some 80s music now and then.

"I guess it's a good technique to get someone to study." He nodded in agreement and dangled the cord.

"You can play your music instead, I'm sure you have lovely taste," Smiling, she grabbed the cord and plugged it up. "Oh, I have immaculate taste trust me. But, it's our first date and I need to know if you're a red flag by your playlist," She opened her hand, wiggling her fingers for his phone. Kaz glanced at her, his mouth agape. "You think I'm a red flag?"

"Never said that. I always need to see a guy's playlist to send me hints, unless you're implying you are in fact, a red flag," She raised her eyebrow suspiciously.

Kaz laughed, shaking his head. He lifted a little and slipped his phone from his back pocket, typing in a passcode before placing it in her hand. Amira hummed. "No face lock ID, interesting," she ticked her tongue.

"Oh, come on! You may have just met me, but my playlist will prove that I might be the man of your dreams," he shrugged cockily with a smile making her laugh softly. "Oh is that right?" He nodded.

"One hundred percent baby. Plus it's our first date, you get to know all about me," She hummed playfully in response and clicked Apple Music. "Apple Music?"

"What's wrong with Apple Music?"

"You're boujee."

"I'm boujee?"

"You rather pay every month for free music instead of having something as simple as Spotify?" Kaz frowned in disgust. "Spotify has too many damn ads. Imagine being the DJ at a party and everyone's having a good time until you hear, 'wanna listen ad free? Get premium today!'" Amira laughed out loud at his attempt to mimic.

He filled suit, finding her laugh contagious.

"I mean come on!" he looked over at her as they shared the laugh. "Why would I want my music interrupted every time a song plays? Remember when they didn't allow you to go back on a song unless you replayed the playlist? Spotify used to be a disgrace to music lovers everywhere," Amira covered her laugh and nodded.