36 ... forelsket

friday
knights
36

☊ | track twenty-eight—til the end of time

CJ RAN A HAND DOWN HIS FACE, trying to figure out whether or not his theory is right or wrong. Before he had time to put the pieces together, his phone vibrated off the counter just as someone sat to his left. Cato hadn't been able to look up from his phone by then. When the text message lit up his screen, the smile slowly faded into confusion. 'look to your right bro.' It said. CJ watched Cato stare at his phone before he slowly looked beside him.

The double take he took was hilarious as his mouth moved but nothing aspired and he grew speechless.

CJ grinned and stood up, opening his arms and latching onto him for a hug. Cato sat star-struck but felt a sense of warmth and comfort permeate his body.

He felt flustered but hugged CJ back.

"Two coincidences in the same week! Bro, it's you!" He laughed wholeheartedly, patting Cato's back. "Funny story man, I talked to Carter without knowing it was him—that he was him and now—" he was cut off by Cato lunging at him, embracing him the right way.

He then pulled away and hold him by the forearms.

He looked at him as if to make sure he was real.

"I'm real man, I'm real," he assured him, reading his mind. Cato blushed harder and thanked God the lights were dimmed. "Oh my god man!" He hugged CJ again earning the same love as he patted his back.

"How—what—" They both uttered in sync. "Is the universe actually...the greatest power alive?" Cato looked up at the ceiling like he was looking at stars or stumbled upon Narnia or Valhalla. "How did we not put the pieces together?" CJ crossed his strong arms.

"We some bunch of dumbass I guess!" Cato smiled.

"Man, I can't believe it's you. After months of randomly talking and bonding over music and becoming best friends. Wow. I can't believe you're Amira's brother. This whole time!" He thought for a moment before his face fell and he sat down. "You're Amira's brother," he came to a realization and gulped. "Shit," his head dropped to the counter and CJ sat beside him.

"Everything you think you know, just forget," He said looking up embarrassed, looking like a tomato.

CJ slapped his back and leaned over so he could hear.

"Honestly man, it's all good. For real."

Cato shook his head, mortified, and looked back at his brother and Amira cuddled up on the couch. He slapped his forehead, grumbling at himself in Italian.

"So..." CJ began, "My sister was the bitch all along huh?" Cato nodded but shook his head mid nod not knowing whether or not to agree. "Well, shit. She only told me about starting things with Carter..." He trailed off, not wanting to make him think about it. "Damn, never thought I'd hear my sister being a heartbreaker."

Suddenly, he thumped Cato in the head.

"I told you I was gonna rock your shit when I see you. I hold my word." Cato chuckled and shook his head.