1 ... the kn!ghts

friday
knights
1

| track one—intro

PLACING HER GLASS DOWN, Amira's date; Tyler Smith who she met in class, grabbed her ring amid fingers from across the dinner table promoting her full attention. Had been too busy keeping track of how many sips she took—not wanting to get the slightest bit tipsy since she had class the next day and did not want to deal with the burden of a hangover—she smiled in relief that the boy who asked her to dinner for a third date still accepted her company since the incident that accrued last time. She smiled flirtatiously with her eyes.

"I'm having a great time, I'm happy we got to do this again after the last two times," The blonde-haired boy threw a charming teeth-showing smile, fiddling the rings on Amira's fingers. She nodded in agreement.

"Same. I'm sorry about that again, my job is..." she took this paused moment to choose the right words.

"Hectic. It's a fresh family so I'm just still adjusting."

He nodded in understanding and Amira glanced down at the small finger tattoos on his fingers adding to her newfound attraction to him since the first time she noticed him in class. There had been a special guest in her business class a few weeks ago who had been there to talk about his experiences in business—owning a firm himself. Tyler sat not too far from her place in the middle row—only a few rows above her.

He'd been active and attentive that time in class—usually not a big talker—raising his hand many times to ask appropriate full-on questions. It was the first time she noticed just him. And how attractive he was. With his blond hair, cute smile, lean body—and don't forget, the tattoos displayed along his fingers and knuckles. She was a sucker for guys with tattoos.

Especially hand tattoos.

Only then with each raise of his hand—catching the attention of many students in class waiting for his next question—did Tyler catch Amira's lingering gaze.

He'd send the heart-melting smiles that would have her nearly skipping out of class every afternoon. Finally—after a week of smiles and small talk, before class started—he finally asked her out. The thing was, she didn't think of the consequences of accepting a job taking care of four children. Had it only been her first week—the same week Tyler asked her out—On their first official date, Amira would get a call from Victoria Knight.

Victoria Knight, the woman who trusted her with the lives of her children from Fridays through Sundays—or rather on days she didn't have classes—when she was away. The call consisted of Mrs. Knight urging her to be with the kids while she went up to her husband's firm.

Not only that, but Amira needed to bond with the children if she were to become their official nanny—or babysitter if you will. She considered it babysitting rather than being their nanny as a nanny would probably live in the same house as the family and be with the children all hours of the day every day.

Whilst a babysitter watched children on certain days.

Which is what her job was for now.

But she was stuck in between for now.

Therefore, her date with the cute boy from her class would have to be rescheduled for a second date.